View Poll Results: Who is your favorite New Avengers member?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hawkeye

17 11.89%
  • Hulkling

9 6.29%
  • Songbird

48 33.57%
  • Squirrel Girl

22 15.38%
  • Sunspot

33 23.08%
  • Wiccan

14 9.79%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Attention readership -- has anyone both obtained AND read their copy?

Do share for the kids in the back of the classroom who have another several hours to do the same?!
    Yup! It's a reasonably strong issue.

spoilers:
    American Kaiju gets sent to attack A.I.M. headquarters, A.I.M. deploy a giant robot (Avenger 5) in response, S.H.I.E.L.D. use this as an opportunity to step in and arrest the New Avengers in order to get their hands on the Whisperer.
    end of spoilers

Feels like this book didn't have to tie in to Avengers Standoff, but it's still typically excellent work from Ewing so I can't complain.

I love the American Kaiju!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Despite my own aesthetic prejudices, I'm really enjoying this title.

Al Ewing is doing some really great stuff with subplots and character dynamics and he's keeping things fast and light and fun.

The Once and Future King plot has me ravenous for follow up.

Really hoping to see this group interact/crossover with the Ultimates -- and it would be swell to have Sam and Izzy guest appear at some point.
    That['s great to know.

In All-New All-Different Avengers #0, SHIELD precog predicts the Avengers 5 shotgun scene with complete different characters, including Songbird, Hawkeye, Teddy, Squirrel Girls, and the shotgun line is split between Teddy and Doreen. Ewing can't plan everything, right, folks? hahahahhaah Marvel Event: 1, Al Ewing: 0.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

OH MY GOD, THIS ISSUE IS FRIKIN SWEET.

Giant Robo vs Amerizillla. I love it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

This new issue is glorious. It is one of the craziest things ever and I love it.

kaiju (2).jpg

Yes.

yes (2).jpg

Yes. All the yes. Every single yes in existence.

Also, a nice Pod moment! I get a definite sense that Pod has feelings for Toni (who will have none of Bobby's patriarchal bullshit, as a fun aside). I'm hoping Toni feels the same. Because Pod deserves some happiness. She's such a sweetheart.