Default 1 thing I don't understand about Sex Criminals

I'll assume both the main characters can enter "the quiet" at the same time because they probably reach climax at the same time... but how do the sex police get in the picture at the same time they do? Wouldn't they be frozen with everything else? Did I miss something when I read it? Or maybe it hasn't been explained yet? Please help. I hate to be like this, but it's a bit distracting to me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Left Hook View Post
    I'll assume both the main characters can enter "the quiet" at the same time because they probably reach climax at the same time... but how do the sex police get in the picture at the same time they do? Wouldn't they be frozen with everything else? Did I miss something when I read it? Or maybe it hasn't been explained yet? Please help. I hate to be like this, but it's a bit distracting to me. Thanks!
    I think you've understood the idea. When individuals climax at the same time, they all enter the same "quiet" and can interact and communicate with each other while they're there. When an individual climaxes alone, all others—including those who also have the ability—are frozen. An individual is expelled from the "quiet" when he or she has reached the end of the refractory period.

Your particular concern about the Sex Police crashing Suzie and Jon's bank robbery in the "quiet" presumably still meets the same criteria established earlier in the series. We never saw them climax, but we know from their leader's kegels display in the diner that they're probably all very practiced and precise about their abilities. Since they knew about the bank robbery, they may well have just timed their entrance to the "quiet" appropriately and hitched a ride with the protagonists.

I too have wondered about the specific rules of the quite...

Then I realized what I was spending my time thinking deeply about and said to myself "Damnit, Fraction and Zdarsky have won"

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Left Hook View Post
    I don't think the other people who can stop time feel the effects of others in the quiet. But, I don't think it's been fully explained yet. All I know is Kegle Face just "no hands" it and can basically enter the quiet at will.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I honestly don't think its really complicated. I just assume it's own mini time dimension that anyone can access along as they have the power (the power has its own time limit and then they are kicked out and can't use it again for a little bit). Time doesn't necessarily stop, it' just so slow, it extremely appears to have frozen in time.

I think it does get a little complicated. For now it seems like, if someone gets to the quie, time freezes. So if you haven't gotten your rocks off, you'll be frozen. The only way it would make sense for ppl to be in the quiet simultaneously, is if maybe a minute before they climax, they enter a "zone" where they can't be frozen if someone else somewhere has the ability.

I think there is still much we don't know about "the quiet". I thought I had been following along just fine, but we hardly know anything about the police they encountered. I just figured more information was coming in the next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    I too have wondered about the specific rules of the quite...

Then I realized what I was spending my time thinking deeply about and said to myself "Damnit, Fraction and Zdarsky have won"
    That is the sign of a great concept, getting lost wondering about how it works.

I know they've said repeatedly that what we know about the Quiet will be expanded as we go on.