Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I was just watching an episode of the Flash tv show, (The good one from the 90's) and it was revealed that Barry was interested in archaeology when he was younger but was being pushed to be a street cop by his father.

But he became a police scientist which Tina Mcgee pointed out is actually a combination of a cop and an archaeologist.

Maybe Carter should become a police scientist to reconcile Carter the archaeologist and Katar the cop. Lol.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I was just watching an episode of the Flash tv show, (The good one from the 90's) and it was revealed that Barry was interested in archaeology when he was younger but was being pushed to be a street cop by his father.

But he became a police scientist which Tina Mcgee pointed out is actually a combination of a cop and an archaeologist.

Maybe Carter should become a police scientist to reconcile Carter the archaeologist and Katar the cop. Lol.
    Y'know what, that would actually be kind of fun .

I think if they ever wanted to change up Hawkman's civilian career, that would be an interesting way of doing it.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Y'know what, that would actually be kind of fun .

I think if they ever wanted to change up Hawkman's civilian career, that would be an interesting way of doing it.
    Nay Heathens! Archeology or nothin'!

...although i guess something like anthropology, or police consulting on archeological cases would be acceptable...

from All-Star Squadron #10 (June 1982):

Really nice cover to Hawkman #6 from DC November solicitations.

Hawkman06-CVR.jpg

Glad to see Ray and Carter's team up is continuing.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I'm beyond ignorant when it comes to Hawkman history which is why this book feels so accessible to me, but isn't Ray friends with Katar, rather than Carter?
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-21-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm beyond ignorant when it comes Hawkman history which is why this book feels so accessible to me, but isn't Ray friends with Katar, rather than Carter?
    Technically yes, since they were friends from on the JLA satellite years but in the Geoff Johns series it revealed Katar from the JLA was actually Carter and Katar from Thanagar was the one from Hawkworld.

But in the current series I think its making them the same guy.

Typical confusing Hawkman continuity. Lol.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 08-20-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Really nice cover to Hawkman #6 from DC November solicitations.

Hawkman06-CVR.jpg

Glad to see Ray and Carter's team up is continuing.
    Ray Palmer two issues in a row??? HECK YES!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ray Palmer two issues in a row??? HECK YES!!!
    Gonna be great.

It will be interesting to see Carter and Ray interact since this iteration of Carter is focusing more on Carter as a scholar and scientist.

They'll be like a nerd club. lol.

(Although Carter will still kick your ass)

Technically yes, since they were friends from on the JLA satellite years but in the Geoff Johns series it revealed Katar from the JLA was actually Carter and Katar from Thanagar was the one from Hawkworld.
    Actually, it was back when John Ostrander was writing the Hawkworld/Hawkman series back before Zero Hour that they first came up with Carter/Khufu being the Hawkman of the JLA satellite years.
    (They had to figure out some way to explain how come they had a Hawkman series / Hawkman stories that took place between CoIE and Truman's Hawkworld revamp since DC was dumb enough to make Truman's revamp take place in the (then) "present day", not just be a retconned origin for the already existing Katar Hol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm beyond ignorant when it comes Hawkman history which is why this book feels so accessible to me, but isn't Ray friends with Katar, rather than Carter?
    Just think of it this way, Hawkman is best friends with The Atom like Flash and Green Lantern are always best friends .

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, it was back when John Ostrander was writing the Hawkworld/Hawkman series back before Zero Hour that they first came up with Carter/Khufu being the Hawkman of the JLA satellite years.
    (They had to figure out some way to explain how come they had a Hawkman series / Hawkman stories that took place between CoIE and Truman's Hawkworld revamp since DC was dumb enough to make Truman's revamp take place in the (then) "present day", not just be a retconned origin for the already existing Katar Hol.)
    Every time I write or read an explanation of Carter/Katar's past my nose starts bleeding all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Every time I write or read an explanation of Carter/Katar's past my nose starts bleeding all over again.
    And, mind you, I think that one came before what they did to all the Hawkmen/Hawkwomen/Hawk-chillen in Zero Hour:

Variant cover to Hawkman #4, by Dale Keown:

Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It's not that hard unless you get into the weeds. The short of it, though, is after Zero Hour the large majority of the Silver Age Katar stories became Carter stories. There's a bit more nuance to it than that when you break out the magnifying glass--with other stand-ins coming into play to explain certain arcs and actions--but as long as you keep that sweeping change in mind, you should be good.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17