Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1070

New 1/3 scale Hawkman statue from Iron Studios announced at CCXP 2018!

Holy moly!

Reportedly going to come with two sets of wings, too: Open and down.

FYI, 1/3 scale statues from Iron Studios usually MSRP for $1,000, and those don't have wings, so start saving your pennies now, everyone!
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post

Holy moly!

FYI, 1/3 scale statues from Iron Studios usually MSRP for $1,000, and those don't have wings, so start saving your pennies now, everyone!
    HOLY CRAP!!!! That is freakin amazing!!!

I.love medieval, gladiator Hawkman. That is totally the character.

That is one of the best looks for Hawkman ever. Could that be his new look in the comics?

Also that Superman resurrection statue on the left is pretty bad as as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Holy moly!

Wow. That is a very awesome and cinematic-looking Hawkman.

Good grief that is beautiful!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Holy moly!

That would make for a cool action figure. Especially if it came with the 2 sets of wings and also his weapons.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

Wow, that Iron Studios statue is amazing!!! I've been wanting a good Hawkman statue for ages but this one is a bit out of budget

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

RCO019.jpg

WHHAAAAAATTTTTTT??????

Didn't this guy die? I really hope there is a plan and not just lack of communication.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    RCO019.jpg

WHHAAAAAATTTTTTT??????

Didn't this guy die? I really hope there is a plan and not just lack of communication.
    Wow, he's even wearing the New 52 suit.

Didn't see that coming .

Holy moly!

man, that could seriously be the best hawkman figure i've ever seen.

Mighty Member

Wow, that sculpture is impressive!

RCO019.jpg

WHHAAAAAATTTTTTT??????

I was shocked when I saw this too. I wonder how this will turn out. Seeing the DCnU 52 armor/costume also kinda makes me cringe. I think Ivan Reis was of the few artists who managed to make it look good:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

RCO019.jpg

WHHAAAAAATTTTTTT??????

The issue alludes that there's some multiverse shenanigans going on on Thanagar Prime. Kendra also spells out that Carter and Katar are the same person now, and that she and Shayera should be, too.

I know there are a lot of instances in Hawkman's past where DC's collective right hand didn't know what the left was doing, but I don't think this will be one of them. Very eager to see what comes of these developments, in fact.

Also, probably the most I've enjoyed an issue of Justice League since the relaunch. Good stuff.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

The issue alludes that there's some multiverse shenanigans going on on Thanagar Prime. Kendra also spells out that Carter and Katar are the same person now, and that she and Shayera should be, too.

I know there are a lot of instances in Hawkman's past where DC's collective right hand didn't know what the left was doing, but I don't think this will be one of them. Very eager to see what comes of these developments, in fact.

Also, probably the most I've enjoyed an issue of Justice League since the relaunch. Good stuff.
    I think Venditti and Synder are coordinating a lot on the current Hawkman/Hawkgirl stuff, but I also want to believe that's not giving DC too much credit .

I'm enjoying the direction of this series - Hawkman, as adventurer, who travels to cool, bizarre, pulpy places, a lot! I think it's moving a tad slow, for my tastes. I would like to pick up the pace of the action, a bit, but, I think it's definitely found a niche for this guy.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'm enjoying the direction of this series - Hawkman, as adventurer, who travels to cool, bizarre, pulpy places, a lot! I think it's moving a tad slow, for my tastes. I would like to pick up the pace of the action, a bit, but, I think it's definitely found a niche for this guy.
    My number 1 issue (which is pushing me near the point of dropping the series) is that we're getting tons of what Hawkman is doing, and discovering, but very little on who this Hawkman is. I realize that sounds contradictory (maybe even out of touch with reality) as the entire arc has been entirely about Hawkman's past, but it's all been tracing the past lives, not about introducing the character's personal world and how he behaves in it. The closest to that we've seen have been Carter's interactions with The Atom, and a fishing boat crew. It's pretty clear that he's still an archeologist in this incarnation, and that he knows a wide variety of people, and that's about it.

(IMO) One of the strengths of The Silver-Bronze Age Hawkman and Hawkwoman was a very clear picture of who they were, of what did their lives consist, who shared their lives with them, and how did they react to the people and events in their lives. So far, the Hawkman we're being shown is largely a cypher moving through the plot, with little emotion (save a hug with The Atom). The stakes being offered seem remote to him; basically, somebody else's problem that he's going to deal with anyway. I hope that when the arc wraps up, somebody will take the time to fill in the space around Hawkman.