Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172
Results 1,066 to 1,070 of 1070
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    The issue alludes that there's some multiverse shenanigans going on on Thanagar Prime. Kendra also spells out that Carter and Katar are the same person now, and that she and Shayera should be, too.

I know there are a lot of instances in Hawkman's past where DC's collective right hand didn't know what the left was doing, but I don't think this will be one of them. Very eager to see what comes of these developments, in fact.

Also, probably the most I've enjoyed an issue of Justice League since the relaunch. Good stuff.
    Didn't Hawkman already establish that since he reincarnates non-linearly across space and time technically two of him could be alive at one time? Wouldn't that apply to Hawkgirl as well though maybe she just doesn't know that.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The issue alludes that there's some multiverse shenanigans going on on Thanagar Prime. Kendra also spells out that Carter and Katar are the same person now, and that she and Shayera should be, too.

I know there are a lot of instances in Hawkman's past where DC's collective right hand didn't know what the left was doing, but I don't think this will be one of them. Very eager to see what comes of these developments, in fact.

Also, probably the most I've enjoyed an issue of Justice League since the relaunch. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Didn't Hawkman already establish that since he reincarnates non-linearly across space and time technically two of him could be alive at one time? Wouldn't that apply to Hawkgirl as well though maybe she just doesn't know that.
    I haven't read Hawkman #7 or Justice League #14 yet, but based on what I've read to this point (and these comments), I can't help but shake my head in frustration. Why the hell is it so hard for DC to pick an origin/direction and stick with it?

This is a huge part of why every Hawk-series sells less and is canceled sooner than the previous one. People don't have the attention span, the money, or the desire to stick it out while editorial jacks around over and over again...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at with my post: That the happenings in Justice League don't contradict what's been established in Hawkman. If anything they, the issue further confirms what we've already been told.

The only thing that's kind of bizarre is that Katar and Shayera are alive at all. Both of them were already killed off; Shayera both pre- and post-New 52, even. That's mainly why I think there's some multiverse-bending shenanigans going on.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Boisterously Confused

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at with my post: That the happenings in Justice League don't contradict what's been established in Hawkman. If anything they, the issue further confirms what we've already been told.

The only thing that's kind of bizarre is that Katar and Shayera are alive at all. Both of them were already killed off; Shayera both pre- and post-New 52, even. That's mainly why I think there's some multiverse-bending shenanigans going on.
    One of the things I don't like about the current series is the idea that he could be simultaneously reincarnating in different places; it pulls all the stakes out of Hawkman's existence. So what if he gets squashed? A Katar Hol on Thanagar might suddenly remember his past lives and step in to take over.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 12-31-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    One of the things I don't like about the current series is that the idea he's could be simultaneously reincarnating in different places all the stakes out of Hawkman's existence. So what if he gets squashed? A Katar Hol on Thanagar might suddenly remember his past lives and step in to take over.
    It might work for a character like Dr. Who, but for Hawkman, I don't know.
    (The whole idea of that seems too convoluted and caused me decide to pass on trying this in a collected edition. My interest is really in Golden Age Carter Hall, and it doesn't sound like he's been shown much so far except maybe in a stray panel or two from what I'm hearing. )