Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I heard snyder is a huge JLA Animated series fanboy,it will really upset me when he will do carter wrong and pair Hawkgir with John Stewart....
    Ugh! No please! The JLA cartoon was a huge disservice to the Hawkman fan base. They pushed an established female counterpart and romantic interest at the expense of the male hero. ( Thor "cough" Thor! )

BANNED

Ugh! No please! The JLA cartoon was a huge disservice to the Hawkman fan base. They pushed an established female counterpart and romantic interest at the expense of the male hero. ( Thor "cough" Thor! )
    I just really got a bad feeling about it...i'll probably drop jla if it happens

I've always been a big fan of the DCAU, but Carter Hall's treatment there makes me retch. I don't necessarily have an issue with a love affair between Hawkgirl and John Stewart in the main DC continuity, just as long as Hawkman isn't made to look bad in the process. Didn't they show Xanadu in the first issue? Maybe Carter should go after her if Kendra forgets him. lol

BANNED

I disagree on that I believe that hawkman and hawkgirl love is one of the best things and it defines both characters(and the fact that I hated JLAS as well)
    Last edited by LP22; 09-11-2018 at 01:19 PM.

BANNED

Or they could bring back Shayera to hawkman title and have both fanbases happy LOL

I heard snyder is a huge JLA Animated series fanboy,it will really upset me when he will do carter wrong and pair Hawkgir with John Stewart....
    I think you mean JLU, for Justice League Unlimited.

JLA is Justice League Action, which did feature Hawkman in a few episodes .
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I've always been a big fan of the DCAU, but Carter Hall's treatment there makes me retch. I don't necessarily have an issue with a love affair between Hawkgirl and John Stewart in the main DC continuity, just as long as Hawkman isn't made to look bad in the process. Didn't they show Xanadu in the first issue? Maybe Carter should go after her if Kendra forgets him. lol
    Really, I don't see a love affair happening that doesn't make all the characters involved end up looking bad.

Just look at all of Kendra's major non-Carter relationships in Post-Crisis.

This I agree with. As someone who grew up watching the cartoons, I'm fine with the relationship. As long as it doesn't make Carter Hall look like a bad character, I'm fine with it.

Well Scott Snyder did say this lol:

io9: Talk to me about your favorite Justice League stories.
    Snyder: Well, Grant’s run. Rock of Ages is probably my high point but there were so many stories on the animated series, as well, that I’d put up there. When Darkseid invades the Earth, the relationship between Shayera and John Stewart…there were emotional things about that series that spoke to me always. Tower of Babel by Mark Waid! It was so big I forgot that was a self-contained Justice League story and not a whole event…
    You could read more from here

I'm glad that Scott Snyder is a DCAU fanboy. Nice to see someone not so focused so much on Silver Age nostalgia.

I've always been a big fan of the DCAU, but Carter Hall's treatment there makes me retch. I don't necessarily have an issue with a love affair between Hawkgirl and John Stewart in the main DC continuity, just as long as Hawkman isn't made to look bad in the process.
    Agreed. They basically turned Carter into a suicidal stalker. I'm sorry to say as much as I enjoy that series, I have a hard time watching his two key episodes. The only worse rendition of the character I can think of offhand is his Injustice incarnation. But that series has badly characterized over 50% of its cast, so at least he's not alone.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Agreed. They basically turned Carter into a suicidal stalker. I'm sorry to say as much as I enjoy that series, I have a hard time watching his two key episodes. The only worse rendition of the character I can think of offhand is his Injustice incarnation. But that series has badly characterized over 50% of its cast, so at least he's not alone.
    I guess it's just the thing with any great show. For all the good it does, there are always going to be those few examples that give you a migraine. With Hawkman the fan backlash was particularly intense due to the notion that they purposely sabotaged an iconic character in order to push a relationship that had never been a thing before or since. Whatever Scott Snyder ends up doing, I don't see him do anything like that, he actually seems to care about fan criticism. I remember when his JL roster was first announced, he DM-ed a fan who was complaining that Hal Jordan was the only founding member that was left out, and he told the guy that it was because a big creator had huge plans for him. That was months before Morrison was announced. The guy clearly cares, so as much as he seems to like the Timmverse, I don't see him sabotaging characters to push his favorites.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-11-2018 at 03:40 PM.

I guess it's just the thing with any great show. For all good things it does, there are always going to be those few examples where it gives you a migraine. With Hawkman the fan backlash was particularly intense due to the notion that they purposely sabotaged an iconic character in order to push a relationship that had never been a thing before or since. Whatever Scott Snyder ends up doing, I don't see him do anything like that, he actually seems to care about fan criticism. I remember when his JL roster was first announced, he DM-ed a fan who was complaining that Hal Jordan was the only founding member that was left out, and he told the guy that it was because a big creator had huge plans for him. That was months before Morrison was announced. The guy clearly cares so as much as he seems to like the Timmverse, I don't see him sabotaging characters to push his favorites.
    I also think it's worth pointing out that they were supposedly going to make the villain of "Starcrossed" Katar Hol until DC stepped in so they rearranged the characters name to Hro Talek.

I love the JL/JLU creative team but at the time of the show I don't think they were the right ones to adapt Hawkman, although they did make Hawkgirl very popular.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I haven't fully read today's issue yet but I skimmed through it and there are some cool things in there.

Venditti has Hawkworld Katar talk exactly like he did back in the 90's with phrases like "Meat" and "Seven Hells". A nice touch. Also was nice to see Sheira even though it was very brief.

And next issue Ray and Carter together.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Hawkman #4 was outstanding, Venditti and Hitch are 4 for 4, superb work! DC's best title, 'nuff said, compeers!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

This book is currently my absolute fave. Good stuff!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Or they could bring back Shayera to hawkman title and have both fanbases happy LOL
    NOt this Shayera...

SHAYERA.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Invincible Member

The latest one is my favorite issue so far.