Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I didn't know Hawkman had a spaceship but ok.
    During the Bronze Age Katar used to have a spaceship that him and Ray Palmer would fly around in. Katar is supposed to be one of this Carter’s past lives.

BANNED

Judging from the jla soc in December looks like Carter will get short end of the stick and lose hawk girl to John Stewart in another universe(at least he has a title of his own this time)

And I really want Carter to punch John Stewart in the face

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I honestly hope that's not where they're going with that solicit, but we'll see. I'm tired of the Hawks being split up.

BANNED

I agree they're love connection is like aquaman/mera, superman/lois, scott/Jean which define who they are

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I agree they're love connection is like aquaman/mera, superman/lois, scott/Jean which define who they are
    I think Arthur and Mera, Lois and Clark, etc. have one over on them because while the Hawks compliment each other well, their power sets are very similar and don't bring as much to the table as the other examples. Part of that is that DC seems to hate the idea of them being together ever since Carter returned back in the Johns/Goyer JSA era. It rarely lasts more than a few issues and then something breaks them apart. It's not tragic anymore, it's just kind of annoying.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think Arthur and Mera, Lois and Clark, etc. have one over on them because while the Hawks compliment each other well, their power sets are very similar and don't bring as much to the table as the other examples. Part of that is that DC seems to hate the idea of them being together ever since Carter returned back in the Johns/Goyer JSA era. It rarely lasts more than a few issues and then something breaks them apart. It's not tragic anymore, it's just kind of annoying.
    Not"just kind of," deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Haven't read The Unexpected yet, but this is as good an excuse as any to start!
    Hawkman will be in the Unexpected starting issue 5, since he appears at the very end of this month's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I didn't know Hawkman had a spaceship but ok. Could it be the original Thanagaranian ship from Geoff Johns series that crashed in Egypt?
    During the Bronze Age Katar used to have a spaceship that him and Ray Palmer would fly around in. Katar is supposed to be one of this Carter’s past lives.
    It got really confusing because before CoIE, when Golden Age Carter Hall (Khufu version) was on Earth-2, he didn't have a spaceship. But Silver/Bronze Age Katar Hol from Earth-1 came to Earth from Thanagar on a spaceship.
    Then, after CoIE, we still had the division between Carter Hall (Khufu-version) and Katar Hol; Katar and Shayera Hol even had their own series.

But then in 1989, with the Tim Truman Hawkworld series, Truman's Katar Hol became the present-day version of Katar Hol / Hawkman, and all the previous post-CoIE stuff that had been Katar was retconned as to really having happening to . . . Golden Age Khufu/Carter Hall?!?

So, Prince Khufu was retconned into somehow obtaining a spaceship. Go figure.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It got really confusing because before CoIE, when Golden Age Carter Hall (Khufu version) was on Earth-2, he didn't have a spaceship. But Silver/Bronze Age Katar Hol from Earth-1 came to Earth from Thanagar on a spaceship.
    Then, after CoIE, we still had the division between Carter Hall (Khufu-version) and Katar Hol; Katar and Shayera Hol even had their own series.

But then in 1989, with the Tim Truman Hawkworld series, Truman's Katar Hol became the present-day version of Katar Hol / Hawkman, and all the previous post-CoIE stuff that had been Katar was retconned as to really having happening to . . . Golden Age Khufu/Carter Hall?!?

So, Prince Khufu was retconned into somehow obtaining a spaceship. Go figure.
    Yet the pre-COIE universe was, allegedly, more confusing than what came later on.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Judging from the jla soc in December looks like Carter will get short end of the stick and lose hawk girl to John Stewart in another universe(at least he has a title of his own this time)

And I really want Carter to punch John Stewart in the face
    Nothing has been confirmed.

You seriously want that to happen over a relationship? Despite the past relationship with Kyle and Carol, Hal (despite the character being a bore) kept his cool from resorting to punching Kyle in the face. The same should apply here.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 09-18-2018 at 11:59 AM.

BANNED

You seriously want that to happen over a relationship? Despite the past relationship with Kyle and Carol, Hal kept his cool from resorting to punching Kyle in the face. The same should apply here.
    Yes you're right I over expatriate a bit no one should result to violence it's just sad that kendra finally came back and I really wanted her to finally to be with Carter(after the all blackest night stuff)they deserve to be happy I think

Yes you're right I over expatriate a bit no one should result to violence it's just sad that kendra finally came back and I really wanted her to finally to be with Carter(after the all blackest night stuff)they deserve to be happy I think
    Cool I thought there were two Hawkgirls existing in the current universe? I haven't read much on it

BANNED

No that's new 52 earth 2 kendra I believe

The Kyle/Carol thing isn't canon I believe. And I don't want Carter to punch John Stewart in the face, I just want him to get a rebound if Kendra does, too. Like I suggested before, Xanadu was in the first issue... Go after the hot mystic chick, breh.

Last edited by Johnny; 09-18-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

You seriously want that to happen over a relationship? Despite the past relationship with Kyle and Carol, Hal (despite the character being a bore) kept his cool from resorting to punching Kyle in the face. The same should apply here.
    The Kyle and Carol relationship is never a good thing to get compared to .