Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I'm always quick to recommend Legend of the Hawkman by Ben Raab and Michael Lark. It's a great story that's sadly often neglected when the subject of Hawkman recommendations comes up.
    Seconded. Legend of the Hawkman was fantastic.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Hawk fans, who are some of your favorite allies and team ups for Hawkman?
    I've always liked seeing him with Green Arrow, Ray Palmer, Zatanna, and Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Hawk fans, who are some of your favorite allies and team ups for Hawkman?
    I've always liked seeing him with Green Arrow, Ray Palmer, Zatanna, and Superman.
    The obvious first choices would be Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman.

I've always enjoyed the Adam Strange/Hawkman pairing and Hawkman/Atom.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

Ahhh... good stuff!

However, the 1990 Annual went a long way in creating the mess that would eventually lead to the "Zero Hour" reboot.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lurve Hawkman. Have to admit though the reincarnated archaeologist was always the more interesting angle to me than the space cop. I definitely wish they would have just merged the two with the Nu52, with him having been brought back as the space cop this time. Plus, it would've given a nice roundabout with how his ancient self found the nth metal and all that.

Some great mentions of stories in here. the Johns run was superb too!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Lurve Hawkman. Have to admit though the reincarnated archaeologist was always the more interesting angle to me than the space cop. I definitely wish they would have just merged the two with the Nu52, with him having been brought back as the space cop this time. Plus, it would've given a nice roundabout with how his ancient self found the nth metal and all that.

Some great mentions of stories in here. the Johns run was superb too!
    Meh, I prefer the space cop angle mainly because of JLU. I like the idea of combining the two origins into one so long as it doesn't get messy.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Meh, I prefer the space cop angle mainly because of JLU. I like the idea of combining the two origins into one so long as it doesn't get messy.

Famous last words when it comes to the Hawks...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Famous last words when it comes to the Hawks...
    I know......

One of my friends once explained Hawkman's Post Crisis history to me. Suffice to say, I still keep those PM's to refresh my memory because it's so convoluted.

What are all your thoughts on the upcoming fight between Hawkman and Lobo? I'm hoping for a nice battle as these are two characters that love to scrap. I like that they both carry various weapons and would like for this fight to really showcase their skills.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Which title is that happening in?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Which title is that happening in?
    That is from Justice League United. I think their potential battle/showdown is suppose to happen in next month's issue.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What are all your thoughts on the upcoming fight between Hawkman and Lobo? I'm hoping for a nice battle as these are two characters that love to scrap. I like that they both carry various weapons and would like for this fight to really showcase their skills.
    I'm hoping for a knock-down, drag-out fight that ends in a draw. Lobo strikes me as notably stronger than Hawkman, though, at least historically, so I'm looking at from the perspective of Katar being the underdog in this match-up.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I'm hoping for a knock-down, drag-out fight that ends in a draw. Lobo strikes me as notably stronger than Hawkman, though, at least historically, so I'm looking at from the perspective of Katar being the underdog in this match-up.
    I want the same and I want the surrounding area to show that. I do think Lobo is stronger as well, so it will be interesting to see how Hawkman fights Lobo. The two fo them seem perfect for one another as enemies due to their personalities.