Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I saw this online and I liked it. I love seeing Hawkman and Hawkwoman/girl flying through the sky together.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I saw this online and I liked it. I love seeing Hawkman and Hawkwoman/girl flying through the sky together.
    It is, without a doubt, one helluva visual.
    WHO DAT?!!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Now that we're a little more than ankle deep into Lemire's JLU, what does everyone think of Hawkman's new healing factor? I will say that I don't like the overlap it has with another savage Marvel character, but it's nice to see him get a power boost to make him more threatening.

The comparison to Wolverine is kind of unavoidable at this point, but I, too, am overall liking the power boost. And it's really not that far of a stretch from Hawkman pre-relaunch. In the Justice League of America story arc "Crisis of Conscience," Matter Master nearly cuts Hawkman's arm off at the shoulder with his own shield. After Green Arrow pulls the shield out, Carter's shown a couple of pages later on his feet and ready to fight.

Of course, now he's practically (or maybe even literally) coming back from the dead, so I can't deny that he hasn't gotten a boost. It's just not as big of a boost as some may think it is, I guess.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Now that we're a little more than ankle deep into Lemire's JLU, what does everyone think of Hawkman's new healing factor? I will say that I don't like the overlap it has with another savage Marvel character, but it's nice to see him get a power boost to make him more threatening.
    I'm completely on board with it. It allows Hawkman to role with legit metahumans and still hold his body together. Any comparison with any other super-healer is a non factor to me.

I initially disliked the whole "Nth metal is part of his body" thing, but I've gotten over that and like that he has a healing factor now.

But if he pops Nth metal claws out of the backs of his hands...

I definitely like the idea of the Nth metal being part of his body. That way he can sort of form any weapon he chooses rather than the older method of having to grab one at the museum. It's a nice little update which was the goal of the New 52.

Another plus side of his healing factor is that I don't think we'll see him bite the dust anytime soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I definitely like the idea of the Nth metal being part of his body. That way he can sort of form any weapon he chooses rather than the older method of having to grab one at the museum. It's a nice little update which was the goal of the New 52.

Another plus side of his healing factor is that I don't think we'll see him bite the dust anytime soon.
    I agree. I think this is a definite step forward for him.

I don't know if Nth metal now has all the powers Ominar Synn once displayed but it would be nice if it had some.

Some gravity control and electromagnetism would be a nice power boost for our hero even if only at a range of touch.

The one thing I'll miss most about Hawkman's utilitarian arsenal is the imagery. He just looks very cool with a bunch of weapons hanging off of him. From a practicality standpoint, however, making the Nth Metal a physical part of his being makes a lot of sense. Not just the weapons, but the wings, too. It's not like Batman where all he needs is a cape and a cowl and belt full of toys. Hawkman having to suit up whenever there's trouble obviously takes a bit more work than most others.

There's also the matter of him being more unique now, given the extreme rarity of Nth Metal. Granted, it was rare before, but you'd still see instances of people bumming some Nth Metal off of Hawkman for a story arc every now and again ("The Lightning Saga" is the most recent example I can think of). Now, though, he's an act all of his own, and I rather like that about it.
    - Justice League #17

Incredible Member

I think both the Thanagarian & Egyptian god aspects need to be kept in, in some form or another.

We've of course all seen them alongside one another in the same time, we've seen them in different universes. Yet... I've wondered about different times. Like if you moved the Thanagarians to the Legion setting, introduced the more militaristic empire in that time period with a more peaceful scientific Thanagar in the more current time? Or the mythical lovers to the future setting and having them tangle with people like the Sorceror's Planet and Mordru.

BANNED

I think Hawkman has some pretty cool villains. Gentleman Ghost, Shadow Thief, Lion-Mane, etc...

Hawkman has one of the most underrated bunch of villains. Depending on the version of the character, they can cater to particular aspects of the hero to make for an interesting foe.

I loved this scene:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Hawkman by Brett Booth

Really nice pic. I'm actually hoping I can get a commission from Booth sometime in the future. He, Morales, Reis, and Bennett are all at the top of my list, in fact.
    - Justice League #17