Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Really excited for Hawkman's new book.

I hear that it really focuses on Carter being an archaeologist and explorer which is perfect.

Also Venditte has been posting on instagram that he is collecting the silver age issues and hunting them down. It bodes well that the writer is very enthusiastic about the character and is reading up on the source material.

Can't wait until next week.

hawkman-1-review-768x1181.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

I hear that it really focuses on Carter being an archaeologist and explorer which is perfect.

Also Venditte has been posting on instagram that he is collecting the silver age issues and hunting them down. It bodes well that the writer is very enthusiastic about the character and is reading up on the source material.

Glad to hear Venditti is doing his research .

That is great news!! It’s been sooooooo long since we’ve had a great Hawkman book!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glad to hear Venditti is doing his research .
    It's all about the source material and the core of the character. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    That is great news!! It’s been sooooooo long since we’ve had a great Hawkman book!
    I know right? Was so excited for Savage Hawkman but that ended up being a stinker like most nu52. We haven't had a good Carter series since the early 2000's.

Also should be interesting to see Carter flying solo without Sheyera. Never really been done before. I think the only time that's happened was the 90's series. But that was a totally different Hawkman anyways being the Hawk deity and all.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

It's Venditti. All I can really muster up hope for is mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    It's Venditti. All I can really muster up hope for is mediocrity.
    I'm glad it's Venditti since I've loved his work on Hal Jordan and the GLC. I'd even be excited for this book if it was Katar instead of Carter. Now I'm just curious about it. Will still get it since it is Hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope we get to see Hawkwoman sooner rather than later as well.
    I agree. No reason we can't have both a Hawkwoman and a Hawkgirl.
    WHO DAT?!!

Also should be interesting to see Carter flying solo without Sheyera. Never really been done before. I think the only time that's happened was the 90's series. But that was a totally different Hawkman anyways being the Hawk deity and all.
    I was under the impression from interviews that we would still be seeing Hawkgirl pop up in the book.

I was under the impression from interviews that we would still be seeing Hawkgirl pop up in the book.
    Hawkgirl(Kendra Saunders), not Hawkwoman(Sheyera).
    WHO DAT?!!

Mighty Member

Although I'm excited for this run. I am going to miss when Hawkman had Nth Metal in his veins. I do hope he has that same attitude that ive gotten use to over the years.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    I'm glad it's Venditti since I've loved his work on Hal Jordan and the GLC. I'd even be excited for this book if it was Katar instead of Carter. Now I'm just curious about it. Will still get it since it is Hawkman.
    I'm with you. I've loved Vendittis Hal Jordan run. The best series from the Rebirth line for me.

I could be mistaken but I think I read from Venditti that Carter would be solo for at least the beginning.

Hawkgirl(Kendra Saunders), not Hawkwoman(Sheyera).
    I thought only Kendra is around from Metal with no word about Shayera.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Although I'm excited for this run. I am going to miss when Hawkman had Nth Metal in his veins. I do hope he has that same attitude that ive gotten use to over the years.
    I thought it was an interesting idea. They were kinda building it up like it was the Venom symbiote but sadly they dropped that plot and never explored it.

I thought only Kendra is around from Metal with no word about Shayera.
    Exactly. I hope both Katar and Shayera are not forgotten.

I thought it was an interesting idea. They were kinda building it up like it was the Venom symbiote but sadly they dropped that plot and never explored it.
    I loved new 52 Hawkman. His look, his powers, his warrior personality, and the fact that he was alien, were very appealing to me. His connection and use of the nth metal made him unique. I'm very disappointed that he was killed off.
    Last edited by Mar-Vell; 06-06-2018 at 06:39 AM.
    WHO DAT?!!

Exactly. I hope both Katar and Shayera are not forgotten.

I loved new 52 Hawkman. His look, his powers, his warrior personality, and the fact that he was alien, were very appealing to me. His connection and use of the nth metal made him unique. I'm very disappointed that he was killed off.
    I’m with you, Mar-Vell.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I’m with you, Mar-Vell.
    I doubt that we're alone in this too, Rod G.
    WHO DAT?!!

hawkman-3-Stejpan-Sejic-768x1165.jpg

New variant cover for issue 3. Really nice. Loving the high fantasy covers.

Hawkman, winged warrior is right.

Mighty Member

There's a preview out! I think it looks good so far https://nerdist.com/hawkman-1-exclusive-preview/