Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I didn't know Hawkman had a spaceship but ok. Could it be the original Thanagaranian ship from Geoff Johns series that crashed in Egypt?
    Katar had one. Plus, there's this from Hawkman (Vol. 4) #2:

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Judging from the jla soc in December looks like Carter will get short end of the stick and lose hawk girl to John Stewart in another universe(at least he has a title of his own this time)
    Not really reading anything to get concerned over in those solicits. Just because they're on a mission together doesn't mean they're going to fall for one another.

Reminds of the first issue of Justice League of America by McDuffie, where John pulled a chair out for Kendra. Message boards soon exploded with the news that they had to be sleeping together. And I'm barely embellishing.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Katar had one. Plus, there's this from Hawkman (Vol. 4) #2:

Not really reading anything to get concerned over in those solicits. Just because they're on a mission together doesn't mean they're going to fall for one another.

Reminds of the first issue of Justice League of America by McDuffie, where John pulled a chair out for Kendra. Message boards soon exploded with the news that they had to be sleeping together. And I'm barely embellishing.
    I remember that, and if anything you're toning it down.

Were their "shipping wars" between Hawkman fans and John Stewart fans back then? Or Roy, since that's who Kendra ended up with in that book ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Were their "shipping wars" between Hawkman fans and John Stewart fans back then? Or Roy, since that's who Kendra ended up with in that book ?
    Yeah, fans have been finding things to war over since time immemorial. If it wasn't that, it was WonderBat. I don't miss it.

I regularly posted on DC's (now defunct) message boards back then (as "thewingedwonder," for those who were around back then, too), and as I recall most people thought it was ridiculous to pair Kendra up with John. Even fans of JLU's Hawkgirl/Green Lantern romance weren't exactly keen on the pairing. But I was one of only a few who immediately thought everyone was overreacting. Luckily, McDuffie posted on the boards back then, too, and he pretty promptly came in to debunk everyone's theories.

As for Roy: I don't think many people cared for that one either. Although I do recall there was one very vocal Roy fan here (forget their screen name, but I do remember them being female and from Australia) who rather liked it. I disagreed with her, but she was always very civil with me during our debates.

So yeah, shipping wars existed on these relationships, but they were pretty one-sided in favor of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Or they were from my biased perspective, anyway.
    - Justice League #17

So yeah, shipping wars existed on these relationships, but they were pretty one-sided in favor of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. Or they were from my biased perspective, anyway.
    Heh. Good to hear .

The Kyle and Carol relationship is never a good thing to get compared to .
    That was probably one of the worst relationships ever. And if it's non-canon currently, then it just shows how bad it really was.

Variant cover to Hawkman #6, by Matteo Scalera:

- Justice League #17

BANNED

Hopefully if DC put John and kendra together at least they could bring back Shiera on hawkman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Don't like this cover as much as the others art wise.

But I'm loving the theme of these covers. Seeing Hawkman battling these high fantasy monsters and dragons. It fits perfectly with Hawkman with his helmet, wings. His mace and ancient weapons. And his Warrior and old school persoanlity.

Would love to see a story arc where he gets thrown back into a medievil dimension and fights Hydras and Medusas and such. Maybe go on a Lord of the Rings type of quest as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Boisterously Confused

Hopefully if DC put John and kendra together at least they could bring back Shiera on hawkman
    <dripping sarcasm> That would certainly lessen the messiness of the "it all happened" approach </dripping sarcasm>

I'm not sure if you meant that the way it might read to some people . . . but whatever floats your boat.

I'm not sure that's the best course of action. I don't like to get very political on these boards, but if they made Hawkman's usual soul mate a person of color and paired her off with another poc only to revive a white lady for him to date, that can rub a lot of people the wrong way, especially since he's their most referenced conservative hero. And as a liberal, I'm tired of him being used as a strawman conservative punching bag by lazy writers looking to hammer a message in. He's conservative, not a wifebeating bigot in wings.

I think putting him and Kendra together works great, especially if they're confirmed to be a reincarnation cycle out of lockstep. Make her a more liberal leaning character and have them contrast but support each other the way adults actually do. Challenge some ugly stereotypes about politics. Have a biracial couple (which are rare at DC). There's a lot of opportunity with Carter and Kendra.

If they pair up John and Kendra, that's fine. I'd rather the Hawks be together, but as long as they tell good stories with each I can live with them apart... But bringing back Shiera with Kendra around I'm not down for. Hell, maybe Carter just focuses on himself for a while. That's fine too.

If anything, it'll just make things even more confusing.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-21-2018 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

LOL I just wrote what I said as a worse case scenario didn't mean look sarcastic or other thing but I do want to see kendra and Carter together just had enough with the will they won't they back in the 2000s

The art reminds me of Francis Manapul...