Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Every Hawkman variant cover has been a beautiful work of art, but the repetitive theme is getting... repetitive?

I think I'm ready for some variety.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm not sure that's the best course of action. I don't like to get very political on these boards, but if they made Hawkman's usual soul mate a person of color and paired her off with another poc only to revive a white lady for him to date, that can rub a lot of people the wrong way, especially since he's their most referenced conservative hero. And as a liberal, I'm tired of him being used as a strawman conservative punching bag by lazy writers looking to hammer a message in. He's conservative, not a wifebeating bigot in wings.

I think putting him and Kendra together works great, especially if they're confirmed to be a reincarnation cycle out of lockstep. Make her a more liberal leaning character and have them contrast but support each other the way adults actually do. Challenge some ugly stereotypes about politics. Have a biracial couple (which are rare at DC). There's a lot of opportunity with Carter and Kendra.

If they pair up John and Kendra, that's fine. I'd rather the Hawks be together, but as long as they tell good stories with each I can live with them apart... But bringing back Shiera with Kendra around I'm not down for. Hell, maybe Carter just focuses on himself for a while. That's fine too.

If anything, it'll just make things even more confusing.
    As someone who leans conservative (although I consider myself more libertarian than anything), I completely agree with you. I especially like your point about them being able to disagree but still love and support one another. That seems to be viewed as some sort of mythological creature if you'd listen to the media, when in actuality it's really the norm between friends, colleagues, and even acquaintances in the real world. There's a lot more to people than where they fall on the political spectrum.

Anyway, I know I'm sounding like a broken record by now, but I'm not too concerned about Carter and Kendra going their separate ways. Snyder's the one who properly reintroduced them to the DC Universe, after all. I have a hard time believing he'd go to all that trouble just to break them apart before even one story is shared between them.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

I just wanted to know: Who are your favorite Hawkman villains? Who do you all like the most out of his Rogues Gallery?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just wanted to know: Who are your favorite Hawkman villains? Who do you all like the most out of his Rogues Gallery?
    I like the Gentleman ghost. Although he turned good in the 80's. Shadow thief is ok. Lion mane is a cool opponent for Carter's savagery.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Boisterously Confused

Gentleman Ghost, hands down. Especially when they were leaving whether he was actually a spirit, or a clever con-man a bit ambiguous.

In theory, I've always liked Lion-Mane the best. A super-strong, anthropomorphic lion just seems like a perfect visual foil for Hawkman on paper. Unfortunately, in practice, their bouts have rarely worked out as being quite so memorable.

That said, Shadow-Thief takes it by default for me, if for no other reason than he has a great look and power set. And when Nth metal is featured as the one substance that can penetrate his shadow phasing abilities it at least forms a thematic basis for them to be sworn enemies.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Is there room in the readers' hearts for a 2nd Hawkman title, Hawk Family?

The hidden connection between the Deathbringers and the Lords of Chaos & Order leads Hawkman to unite his family: Hawkgirl (Kendra), Northwind (Norda), Dove I (Don Hall), Dove II (Dawn Granger), Hawk II (Holly Granger), and Dawnstar! The team book you never knew you wanted. Are you down with this, compeers?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Mighty Member

Gentleman Ghost and Byth. Craddock is just a fun charming fellow all around with a great design and Byth usually means some interesting grotesque stuff.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post

The hidden connection between the Deathbringers and the Lords of Chaos & Order leads Hawkman to unite his family: Hawkgirl (Kendra), Northwind (Norda), Dove I (Don Hall), Dove II (Dawn Granger), Hawk II (Holly Granger), and Dawnstar! The team book you never knew you wanted. Are you down with this, compeers?
    I don't think it'll happen outside a mini. Flash hasn't had one despite good sales and a character primed to headline it in Wally.

Mera got a mini spinning out of Aquaman so it's possible that way. I'm down, but I don't see DC following suit.

In any case, count me as a fan of Gentleman Ghost and Shadow Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post

I think a Hawkgirl solo book would probably be more likely, although I'm not sure if there would be a market that could support a book for both of the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Is Hawkman wearing his pants low?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is Hawkman wearing his pants low?
    Doesn't look any lower then usual .

I think it probably looks lower because Hawkman looks skinnier.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Oh yeah, folks, Zauriel can also be a member of the Hawk Family! Hawk Up!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Nice find. I always liked the black front for Hawkwoman's mask. The spear is cool too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!