Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1070

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 72060

It's nice to see that friendship and joy still exist in some corners of the current DCU. Thank you Robert Venditti.
    it was what i was hoping for when rebirth came out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It never left.
    Really? I guess Dick Grayson getting shot in the head and all the senseless murders in sanctuary had me fooled......
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Attachment 72060

It's nice to see that friendship and joy still exist in some corners of the current DCU. Thank you Robert Venditti.
    Reminds me of the Barry and Wally hug .

Invincible Member

Attachment 72060

Although I was aware that Hawkman and Atom were friends in the past and shared a title for a couple of issues, I never read the silver age Hawkman stuff. I enjoyed their interaction more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Although I was aware that Hawkman and Atom were friends in the past and shared a title for a couple of issues, I never read the silver age Hawkman stuff. I enjoyed their interaction more than I thought I would.
    The series The Atom & Hawkman ran for seven issues in 1968-1969, continuing the numbering from The Atom's series. Both characters had their own separate titles prior to combining them in the one book. There was an additional issue that came out in 2010 which was written by Geoff Johns and tied in to the (then current) Blackest Night event series.

As for the original seven issues from the late 1960s, those featured the Katar Hol version of Hawkman. The Kufu-reincarnated version of Golden Age Hawkman that went by Carter Hall was still a separate entity on Earth-2.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Really? I guess Dick Grayson getting shot in the head and all the senseless murders in sanctuary had me fooled......
    I mean if you only choose to focus on those things then i can see why you feel the way you feel.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I mean if you only choose to focus on those things then i can see why you feel the way you feel.
    It's hard to really find any real, continuous focus on "HOPE" and "JOY" these days among DC comic books, especially if the ones you have been reading/enjoying in the past focus more on gloom and tragedy.
    And is there anything positive about the body count in the first issue of Heroes in Crisis beyond the possibility that some characters you like are still alive (at least for the moment)?

Incredible Member

Has Thanagar already appeared in Hawkman's new comic book? Has JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER been talking to VENDITTI about the history of hawks? Someone else is scared how JUSTICE LEAGUE can ruin the story of Hawkman?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #15
    written by JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JIM CHEUNG and MARK MORALES
    cover by JIM CHEUNG
    variant cover by WILL CONRAD
    Hawk fight! Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl clash with Shayera Hol (also a Hawkgirl) when the League trio tries to break into a secret vault deep within Thanagar Prime—and the feathers are gonna fly! Speaking of secrets, M.M. learns one about himself and Lex Luthor, as related to him by the Martian Keep, guardian of all Martian wisdom and history. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman must stop Starman from going nova.
    ON SALE 01.09.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #16
    written by JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JIM CHEUNG and MARK MORALES
    cover by JIM CHEUNG
    variant cover by WILL CONRAD
    It’s a mystery in space: Why would the Guardians of the Universe hide top-secret intel deep in the bowels of a secret vault on Thanagar Prime? That’s what Martian Manhunter, GL and Hawkgirl want to know! That’s not the only puzzler popping off either, as an ancient connection that bonds Kendra and Shayera Hol unlocks the secret of the map on Hawkgirl’s Dark Metal wings. Back on Earth, Starman and the Trinity look to create a wormhole that could transport them to Thanagar Prime. The only catch? It could vaporize them!
    ON SALE 01.23.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

Beautiful cover for Hawkman #8 in January.

HAWKM-Cv8.jpg

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

HAWKM-Cv8.jpg
    A version of Hawkman that was alive on Krypton is an interesting premise.

Next thing you know we'll get Greek Hawkman and Hawkgirl meeting up with the Amazons .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A version of Hawkman that was alive on Krypton is an interesting premise.

Next thing you know we'll get Greek Hawkman and Hawkgirl meeting up with the Amazons .
    A Carter that was reincarnated on Apokolips or New Genesis?

Spectacular Member

HAWKM-Cv8.jpg
    Are they making Hawkman the original Kryptonian Nightwing? cause that symbol sure makes me think that.

Also just to go into the full crazy possibilities: Guardian of the Universe or Monitor Hawkman.
    Last edited by Mojo; 10-15-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Are they making Hawkman the original Kryptonian Nightwing? cause that symbol sure makes me think that.
    It would fit. Hawkman's Kryptonian incarnation was Nightwing, and Hawkgirl's Kryptonian incarnation was Flamebird. It's perhaps a bit too perfect of a match.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It would fit. Hawkman's Kryptonian incarnation was Nightwing, and Hawkgirl's Kryptonian incarnation was Flamebird. It's perhaps a bit too perfect of a match.
    As someone who generally dislikes retcons on principle, I approve of this message!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES