Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

I saw this online and really liked this updated look for the character:

I think the Hawks have some of the best fan art out there:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I think this costume looks decent. However his wings could have been done a little better and his helmet really needed more work. His helmet kinda ruins the rest of his ensemble for me. I do like his mace though.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Attached Images Attached Images

Love hawkman, just thought I would throw this jlu cover out.

image.jpg

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelle3 View Post

image.jpg
    Which cover is that for? I hope it's a part of the Thanagar story Lemire said he has planned.

image.jpg
    Looks good. If Thanagar is being explored in JLU then I might pick this title up for the storyline. I hope the Thanagarians are written well and that they are portrayed as a competent and capable warrior people and not a bunch of flying, spear-tossing, mace-swinging buffoons!

It's the January cover, but the solicitation reads 'The penultimate chapter of “The Infinitus Saga” is here as the fate of the future is decided in a battle between Justice League United and the Legion of Super-Heroes!'. I think that arc is about to start, last issue had the legion dropping in to take or kill Ultra. Lemire did say a while ago that the second arc would be fleshing out thanagar.

Hawkmans space helmet image.jpg

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Fan of Katar Hol since the late '60s animated shorts of him seen on Saturday mornings.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Hawkmans space helmet image.jpg
    Nice image and I like the design.

I like how the Hawkman mythos really intersects between DC's cosmic/space side and its magical/mythical side. I think its a nice blend of science and sorcery and should really try to play that up more often.

In regards to Thanagarian religion/spirituality, do you all prefer them worshiping some sort of Hawk God, as previously shown in the comics; or do you prefer them to not (or no longer) worship any higher power like they did in JLU cartoon? It would be interesting if the Thanagarians are shown as diverse, with some worshiping a Hawk God, while others do not worship any gods. It will also be interesting if some other Thanagarians worship gods of other cultures like X'hal, or the New Genesis/Apokoliptan gods, just to show how interconnected the DC cosmicverse is.