Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

hawkman sure likes to accessorize

Check out 'Lil Cyborg's awesome Halloween costume from Teen Titans GO! last week:

I approve!
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

BANNED

Who would be a good director for a Hawkman movie? I'm going to say Alonso Cuaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Who would be a good director for a Hawkman movie? I'm going to say Alonso Cuaron.
    Dream choice? Ridley Scott. He's demonstrated he can do both action-oriented period pieces and hard-edged sci-fi, two aspects central to a Hawkman feature, in my opinion. He's also quite a visionary, whose name-recognition alone would probably help boost the film's box office.
    - Justice League #17

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Dream choice? Ridley Scott. He's demonstrated he can do both action-oriented period pieces and hard-edged sci-fi, two aspects central to a Hawkman feature, in my opinion. He's also quite a visionary, whose name-recognition alone would probably help boost the film's box office.
    Ridley Scott was f##king made to do a superhero film. I wonder what's taking him so long lol.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'd love to see what Scott could do with Byth. He could really put Hawkman's mythos on the map. I'm sure Shayera would shine too since Scott's films have had some pretty cool female characters as well.

Finally caught up on my reading earlier tonight, and it appears as if Hawkman's look from Futures End might be the mainstay in contemporary DCU as well. How does everyone feel about that prospect?

As far as clothed Hawkman goes, I like it a lot. Not quite as much as his look from Young Justice, where I thought both he and Hawkwoman looked fantastic, but it's still a really good outfit. And I'm anxious to learn if there's anything special about the mace, as it appears to have somewhat of a glow or sheen to it. Could just be another extension of the Nth Metal, however.

That said, I'll be kind of bummed if his shirtless look goes out the window entirely. Perhaps this could be his "cosmic outfit," if you will, while the bare-chested warrior motif remains for the more grounded missions. This new costume is a great, more traditional superhero look for the character--one of the best he's ever had, in my opinion--but it doesn't convey the same rugged sense of savagery that the traditional harness-on-flesh costume has always portrayed.

On another note, I'm now seriously considering trying to cosplay as Hawkman for... well, not the first time in my life, that would be a lie, but for the first time in a good long while, anyway.
    - Justice League #17

the armor looks nice and make sense. not too crazy about the head gear though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Finally caught up on my reading earlier tonight, and it appears as if Hawkman's look from Futures End might be the mainstay in contemporary DCU as well. How does everyone feel about that prospect?

As far as clothed Hawkman goes, I like it a lot. Not quite as much as his look from Young Justice, where I thought both he and Hawkwoman looked fantastic, but it's still a really good outfit. And I'm anxious to learn if there's anything special about the mace, as it appears to have somewhat of a glow or sheen to it. Could just be another extension of the Nth Metal, however.

That said, I'll be kind of bummed if his shirtless look goes out the window entirely. Perhaps this could be his "cosmic outfit," if you will, while the bare-chested warrior motif remains for the more grounded missions. This new costume is a great, more traditional superhero look for the character--one of the best he's ever had, in my opinion--but it doesn't convey the same rugged sense of savagery that the traditional harness-on-flesh costume has always portrayed.

On another note, I'm now seriously considering trying to cosplay as Hawkman for... well, not the first time in my life, that would be a lie, but for the first time in a good long while, anyway.
    I like this look as well. I think its very streamlined and it works for Hawkman. However, I would like something different for the headgear. His helmet here doesn't look bad, but I prefer his helmet to be more "charismatic."

I like the idea of this being his cosmic armor, like you mentioned as it shows a variety in his styles and serves as a refreshing change. It would be nice if he alternated between this and his more traditional "bare-chested" look as well.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I love the armor, but im not a fan of the ears. They can be a little bigger. Hopefully, when this mind control stuff is over, he could be apart of the team again.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

That's pretty cool, but the bio is wrong.

It's so ridiculous how DC continue allow these "official" bios to get through quality control/editorial when they're so wrong. To this day, it's still 50/50 on what origin is going to be presented on the backs of newly released Hawkman figures. This is just terrible for the Hawkman brand, as it's needlessly adding to confusion that really isn't there any longer.
    - Justice League #17

First time poster here. Searching around for Hawkman stuff and found this thread. Loved Hawkman since I started reading comics in the 70s. My number one criteria for a superhero is that he has to be able to fly and that's what Hawkman is all about! His character has been a second tier (third?) character for so long but he has so much potential to be DC Comics version of Ironman. With the right story, budget and director, Hawkman has the potential to be a MAJOR force in DC Comics. Keeping my fingers crossed for someone to pick up the mantle and get another Hawkman comic going.
    Last edited by Kirijax; 01-11-2016 at 11:24 PM.