Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Red Hood/Arsenal #2 Preview/Discussion

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...hoodarsenal-2/

Aw man, this is just FUN. I lost it at the shower scene, Roy's such a troll

Art is kind of weird, very manga-like, pretty early to pass judgement but so far I like Medri's style more. Definitely my most awaited issue this month.

Speaking of art, it has become clear that Jason's new costume doesn't work on any style

So this is the new ambiguously gay duo. Hmm, did batman and robin ever have shower scene?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Art is kind of weird, very manga-like, pretty early to pass judgement but so far I like Medri's style more. Definitely my most awaited issue this month.
    I like Medri more, too. Any word why he couldn't even make #2?

Anyway, this is one of those "so-bad-it's-good" books to me. Reminds me of when I was 10. Love it lol.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Looks like a lot of fun to me. Clearly Jay needs to be the one holding the purse strings and paying more attention to day to day things though. Roy blowing all the money on tech and forgetting about the things like rent and food sounds about right for him. And that shower scene had me going.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun to me. Clearly Jay needs to be the one holding the purse strings and paying more attention to day to day things though. Roy blowing all the money on tech and forgetting about the things like rent and food sounds about right for him. And that shower scene had me going.
    The best part is that Roy wasn't even sure if his teflon solution would work. A mistake and we would've ended with an extra crispy Jay.

I really like their dynamic, just two friends having fun. It reminds me a lot of the Spiderman/Human Torch dynamic from a few years back.

Incredible Member

i actually quite like Jay's outfit on the cover up there. Which is nice because it mostly reminds of me of a cockroach.

@Wissenschaft - only the one, but it was memorable.
    batman356-11.jpg
    batman356-12.jpg
    Last edited by HellHere; 07-03-2015 at 12:55 PM.

All-New Member

To be honest I'm not a fan of the new armor, for a character that isn't build like one of the bigger guys it seems wrong. But beside that I like the friends goofing around dynamic they have, it's good they kept that from red hood and the outlaws. Let's hope the next review doesn't trash this comic because someone who wants to start over after getting his life back together doesn't go after a really big bad, like they did with the first issue.

The best part is that Roy wasn't even sure if his teflon solution would work. A mistake and we would've ended with an extra crispy Jay.
    Chuckle. Jason Todd the human guinea pig! What a guy that Roy Harper is! Wonder what else he has tested on Jason.

I really like their dynamic, just two friends having fun. It reminds me a lot of the Spiderman/Human Torch dynamic from a few years back.
    I've always like their dynamic as well. Just two guys having a blast while kicking all kinds of a$$ and taking names. It feels strange to say this but I think I like the new series better then the old one.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Maybe Roy should put the trucker hat back on after all

So Red Hood/Arsenal 2 was awesome

Lobdell isn't taking itself seriously and is delivering a story that is simply fun from start to beginning, however, it keeps a balnce between ridiculousness and seriousness that makes the book feel closer in tone to Duggan and Posehn's Deadpool rather than Palmiotti and Conners' Harley Quinn. The banter between Jason and Roy is delight to read and got my quite a few laughs through the whole issue, their dynamic reminded me a lot of the Winchester Brothers in Supernatural.

Artwise was also a treat for the eyes, Pantalena did a great work although his Roy looks really weird. I wouldn't mind if Medri and Pantalena keep sharing art duties to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I've always like their dynamic as well. Just two guys having a blast while kicking all kinds of a$$ and taking names. It feels strange to say this but I think I like the new series better then the old one.
    It reads a lot like the first few pages of RHATO #1, before Kori turned up. Since those pages were what sold me on reading RHATO, I'm more than happy to read something that is wall to wall crazy caper hijinks.

Now I want to play Super Hero Bros...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    It reads a lot like the first few pages of RHATO #1, before Kori turned up. Since those pages were what sold me on reading RHATO, I'm more than happy to read something that is wall to wall crazy caper hijinks.

These pages are an absolut delight. I think this month only the art in Grayson was as cool and fun.

Me too. Crazy capers and loads of hijinks are what I'm wanting here and this issue and the series thus far seems to have that in spades.

Chuckle. As do I. Looks like a load of fun to me.

Anyhow, this was just a really fun issue from beginning to end. I loved every panel of it and the dynamic between Jay and Roy continues to be enjoyable. Can't wait to see what's coming next month.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    @Wissenschaft - only the one, but it was memorable.
    batman356-11.jpg
    batman356-12.jpg
    Oh man, does that sound so wrong when taken out of context. lol I knew they had to have had a shower scene. Everything has already been done.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 07-08-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Incredible Member

I love that the context doesn't really make it sound much better - Hugo Strange sends a mandroid to finish Bruce off

Those pages look so cute. I hope that girl doesn't turn into the Kory/flight attendant of the RhatO run though.