Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCREAM T.V. series

I just watched this , this morning on my VUDU account. As a man that grew up with the film series, and by the way is a huge , huge fan of the franchise. I must give the pilot episode two thumbs up. Loved it, and can't wait to see where it takes us next.

BANNED

complete opposite, can't stand it. i tried, but i find it horrible

it was ok to me but i just dont know what it has to do with the movies?

It doesnt have anything to do with the movies other than it is a deconstruction of the horror genre. I loved some aspects of the pilot. Anything with tracy middendorf gets a second watch for me. I don't much care about her story though. The serial killer from her past. I don't care about. Im sure the killer is going to be one or two of the kids so I don't no why that story is there other than to add a trama. But still if her daughter is the survivor...i dunno it just seems Brandon James or what ever is one element to many. Unless they are planning a twist at the end where one of the kids is the killers but brandon is the one sending the mom the presents and he shows up in the final frame when you think it is all over.

It felt like it was aimed at a much younger audience than me, this was evident to me early on when I had to endure a slightly uncomfortable over sexualized Bella Thorne scene. It really didn't do anything to hook me.

The characters didn't seem anything new or even slightly interesting and same for the story. I am however happy it is it's own stand-alone story and share no link to the original. I was really looking forward to this but unfortunately I felt it was aimed at a different demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    It felt like it was aimed at a much younger audience than me, this was evident to me early on when I had to endure a slightly uncomfortable over sexualized Bella Thorne scene. It really didn't do anything to hook me.

The characters didn't seem anything new or even slightly interesting and same for the story. I am however happy it is it's own stand-alone story and share no link to the original. I was really looking forward to this but unfortunately I felt it was aimed at a different demographic.
    Well i was gonna say hey she is eighteen but apparently she is only seventeen so eesh. Still part of the horror genre is if you have sex you get murdered and they were showing that she is a very sexual person. Both by that scene and the other characters talk of her afterwords.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    It doesnt have anything to do with the movies
    kind of odd if It doesnt have anything to do with the movies seeing as its calld SCREAM and all and its not a remake of SCREAM and in a interview i saw on UHM they say its in the same universe as the movies just saying it wold be nice if it had something to do with the movies like i dont know have Gale Weathers book in it as a nod to the fans but we are just one ep in so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    kind of odd if It doesnt have anything to do with the movies seeing as its calld SCREAM and all and its not a remake of SCREAM and in a interview i saw on UHM they say its in the same universe as the movies just saying it wold be nice if it had something to do with the movies like i dont know have Gale Weathers book in it as a nod to the fans but we are just one ep in so who knows.
    Cough Hallowween 2 season of the witch cough

Yeah and that was fine, and obviously they were trying to push Bella as a sexual character and wanted the audience to be stimulated by this scene, which is why I felt in was maybe aimed more at people around 16-20-Probably being why it carries a 15 cert over the original trilogy all carried 18 stamps.....

Maybe this is just a TV thing, but even 4 wasn't 18's so it felt like it was branching out into a younger audience even then. Which usually isn't a bad thing but for a slasher a lower cert can hurt the movie imo.

Cough Hallowween 2 season of the witch cough
    season of the witch was 3 not 2 FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    season of the witch was 3 not 2 FYI.
    Only cause they rushed 2 through. Season of the witch was planned as the second but meyers was so popular they didn't want to do a sequel with out him. right?

When the character who seems to be a disastrous misinterpretation of Abed from Community starts going on about how slasher movies have never been done on tv before, all I could think was "why doesn't a pop culture-literate character know about Harper's Island or Stalker?"
    My main takeaway from this was that no-one seems worried that a bunch of twentysomething/thirtysomething hipsters are hanging around a high school pretending they're teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    When the character who seems to be a disastrous misinterpretation of Abed from Community starts going on about how slasher movies have never been done on tv before, all I could think was "why doesn't a pop culture-literate character know about Harper's Island or Stalker?"
    My main takeaway from this was that no-one seems worried that a bunch of twentysomething/thirtysomething hipsters are hanging around a high school pretending they're teenagers.
    Stalker is a procedural. And he said successfully. Harpers Island wasn't pickdd up for a second season. From wikipedia. Harper's Island is a horror thriller/mystery mini-series created by Ari Schlossberg. It aired on CBS during the 2008–2009 season. The series premiered on April 9, 2009, at 10:00 pm ET/PT. Harper's Island had one season of thirteen episodes.[1] At least one character, and as many as five, were killed off in each episode. The first three episodes aired on Thursdays, but CBS moved the program to Saturdays during the week of April 28. The final episode aired on July 11, 2009. Pretty much tells you it was a failure at least in numbers.

Only cause they rushed 2 through. Season of the witch was planned as the second but meyers was so popular they didn't want to do a sequel with out him. right?
    you are correct sir the halloween series was going to be a anthology series in the beginning with each movie haveing a new story on halloween.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    lmao

can i add

very pouty zoolander like twentysomething/thirtysomething hipsters