Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@saul_on_the_road_to_damascus, true enough it was a flop, but it was also better than Scream TV series imo and the point still stands, Noah was supposed to be a super horror/TV buff and this kind of slightly obscure knowledge should have been expected from him, Harper's Island was 100% a slasher TV show and it seems like the writers of Scream were blowing them selves up as if they were breaking new ground and just chose to ignore HI.

@Brigonos Chomhgaill, lol yeah, but they do a better job of it than most do. Just look at Glee-some of the students were pushing 30 lol. At least a lot of the cast in Scream are around early 20's to actual HS age. I mean Bella Thorne is only 17, the main girls I'm not sure of but she looks young to me, the girl who played Riley is also only 17, Bex Taylor Kluase from Arrow is only 20, Noah is also quite young, Tom Madden is only around 25 and Carlson Young is only 24....I didn't really think the ages were an issue it's a fairly young cast. The only really stand out guy is Bobby Campo from Final Destination, he must be over 30 by now?

I thought the ages of the cast were good for school considering at least could have still been attending it lol. It was the weak ass characters, nothing new story and complete lack of atmosphere that did it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Stalker is a procedural. And he said successfully. Harpers Island wasn't pickdd up for a second season.
    I would point out that the lowest ratings for episodes of Harper's Island were still four times what MTV got for the Scream pilot.
    Stalker may be billed as an entry in the procedural genre, but it's clearly a slasher-inspired series to the point that latter episodes involved the main characters chasing a serial murderer in a mask who invaded people's homes in inventive ways before stabbing them to death, complete with red herring prime suspects and the implication that multiple culprits may be involved... boy, I sure hope that Stalker creator Kevin Williamson gets sued by the creators of Scream for such a blatant oh wait never mind.
    Those wanting to make fun of Scream's shortcomings can also, should they so choose, simply copy and paste the reception section from Stalker's Wikipedia page, as there seems to be plenty of overlap:
    "[it is] chock full of perverted subjects and ugly storylines, making it hard to watch even for those who like to watch". Maureen Ryan of The Huffington Post called it "exploitative, misogynist trash"

Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    I would point out that the lowest ratings for episodes of Harper's Island were still four times what MTV got for the Scream pilot.
    Stalker may be billed as an entry in the procedural genre, but it's clearly a slasher-inspired series to the point that latter episodes involved the main characters chasing a serial murderer in a mask who invaded people's homes in inventive ways before stabbing them to death, complete with red herring prime suspects and the implication that multiple culprits may be involved... boy, I sure hope that Stalker creator Kevin Williamson gets sued by the creators of Scream for such a blatant oh wait never mind.
    Those wanting to make fun of Scream's shortcomings can also, should they so choose, simply copy and paste the reception section from Stalker's Wikipedia page, as there seems to be plenty of overlap:
    But stalker was on a major network staring the former lead of a major television series coming off a reecent resurgance. Scream the series has one disney starlet and an actor and actress best known for one season roles in various shows.

One is aimed at teens who arent often home in the evenings so they make up a lesser market and the other is aimed at adults who are frequently home. Teens generally watch shows on demand and mtv airs reruns of its shows multiple times during the weeks while networks usually air an episode once or twice a season

Is this in the same "world" as the original films? Is this a "scream in name only" interpretation (e.g., Halloween III)?

The TV series should have more suspense and mystery and not just a body count.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    you are correct sir the halloween series was going to be a anthology series in the beginning with each movie haveing a new story on halloween.
    I don't think Halloween 2 was unplanned though. It was meant to be the finale to the Laurie Strode and Myers story. From there they were going to do an anthology. That ultimately failed with Season of the Witch.

But the first sequel was always planned.

BANNED

I just finished this, and thought it was very good. It made a great start, and while the middle episodes did feel a bit like filler, from episode 7 onwards it was awesome.

Damn, I just loved the conclusion to ep 7. I was giggling for hours. I still am.

I think it did quite well on using Noah to emphasize the tropes of tv drama, and playing them up in slasher genre.

spoilers:
    I didn't work out it was Piper till the penultimate episode. I knew Aubrey was involved almost straight away, though I was distracted by a concern that making the lesbian the killer would be too un-pc for modern times. But I should have remembered, this is Scream.
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

It was pretty much going to be Piper from the moment she talked about her father being murdered.

That, and she actually looked a lot like the mother, more so than the other daughter.

I'm not 100% sold on Aubrey being the other accomplice. They framed it that way at the end of the season, but that's more of a cliff hanger than a true reveal I think.

Anyone else notice that beyond buzzwords and name-checks no-one seemed to have knowledge of popular culture beyond the mid-90s? Or the counter-intuitive product placement where characters would try to appear relevant by talking about the storytelling in The Last Of Us despite playing Xboxes? Hackers using phones running Windows was another good one - especially when their phones are immediately hacked and they go "WHAAAAAA?"

With this and Narcos, Netflix is killing it right now. Take note Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    Scream is on Mtv not netflix

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post

What? As already noted, Scream is MTV, not Netflix. While I enjoy Scream for what it is, it's been panned a lot. While I like both Netflix and Amazon, Amazon has Transparent that won multiple Emmys, along with Bosch and Mozart in the Jungle, all of which have received acclaim. It also has the highly anticipated Man in the High Castle, whose pilot also received universal acclaim. In other words, Amazon should avoid Scream, and doesn't need to take a whole lot of notes. Fun fact, Amazon won more Emmys this past year than did Netflix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Scream is on Mtv not netflix
    I just watched the whole thing on Netflix UK.