Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Default Batman #31 Discussion/Spoilers

This was one of the better issues of Snyder's run for me (and that's saying a lot). No clunky exposition and a great Lucius Fox appearance. This had a very Silver Age-y type feel with Batman getting dropped in a trap and riding a lion. The flashbacks are interesting because it's a part of Bruce's life we've rarely seen, although I really have no idea where Snyder is going with it other than to show he was haunted before he left to train. The art, as usual, was stellar and I'll be sad when FCO goes back to the standard palette. This is building to a nice conclusion
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-28-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Gotta agree with the quality of this issue. Even if you hate Zero Year, you should give this a read as a stand-alone story as it's still pretty great.

I particularly loved the banter between Batman and Riddler.

Yes, I have to agree, Zero Year is pretty neat.

What I don't understand is the decayed city, as it has been only one month since Riddler took over. Did I overlook anything?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Yes, I have to agree, Zero Year is pretty neat.

What I don't understand is the decayed city, as it has been only one month since Riddler took over. Did I overlook anything?
    He used Pam Isley's formula to make plants grow faster. That's why it was overgrown so fast.

Haven't read the issue yet. What the hell am I doing here?!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli