Default Who Would be Up for Another DC-Marvel Crossover/Another Wave of Amalgam Titles

Next year will be the Twentieth Anniversary of DC vs Marvel and the resulting Amalgam comics. I was flipping through my new "Return to the Amalgam Age of Comics: the Dc Collection" and saw some really great stuff in their. Between the writing talent and amazing artwork provided by both publishers, I think that an All-New Amalgam Age can be very good and result in tons of sales. I wish that DC and Marvel could put aside their petty differences and work together on this.
    I think their should be some sort of Secret Wars-level Incursion between the new Marvel and DC Universes and have the center book be the Justice League and the Avengers work together to prevent it. The Only way is to merge the Earths and that is how the Amalgam Universe is birthed. In a few issues, the JLX and Judgment League Avengers find some clues that hint that they weren't always what they are ow and have flashbacks to previous lives like "House of M." Cosmic and Magical characters un-do the Amalgamation as Marvel's Galactus, the sole survivor of this new big bang, tries to consume the world. For individual titles, DC and Marvel can do two-shot titles a la Convergence and split Digital Sales. Of course this is just my take on this, based off of previous crossovers and storylines.
    Who would you like to see write and draw this?
    What should be the layout regarding tie-ins?
    Should this be canon, taking place after Secret Wars and Convergence? Or purely out of continuity?
    What five(or more) Amalgam titles would you like to see? Who would be their creative teams?

Lobo the Duck by Cullen Bunn(W) and Salva Espin(A)
    Super Soldier by Jonathan Hickman(W) and Jim Lee(A)
    Ultimate Spider-Boy by Brian Micheal Bendis(A) and Brett Both(A)
    Deadpool the Terminator with a Mouth by Gerry Duggan(W) and Ed McGuinness(A)
    Dark Claw Beyond & Spider-Boy 2099: Future's Finest by unknown
    Last edited by UnDeadpool2149; 07-04-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Spectacular Member

I would love to see a new crossover. Before Secret Wars, a buddy of mine and I would pass time at work using the New 52 DC and Ultimate Marvel characters. A fav that I came up with a new Bullets and Bracelets, starring Nick Fury and Amanda Waller as a husband/wife spy team.
    Last edited by Rajikaru; 07-03-2015 at 07:37 PM.

That would be great. I would so read that. Agents of S.U.I.C.I.D.E. anyone?

JLX, X-Patrol, Magneto and his Magnetic Men were all very cool concepts. They should have ran each title for one year. Marvel and DC probably would have been at each others throats before the year was up.

I'm always up for more Amalgam.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

We'd all love it but it won't happen any time soon what with the movies and all.

Just off the top of my head, these sound cool

Wade vs Slade
    Justice S.H.I.E.L.D. of America
    X-Squad
    Spiders & Bats
    Dark Avengers: Gods of Injustice
    Red Skull: Under the Red Hood

I loved the Marvel vs. DC and the Amalgam sun of comics and would definitely welcome a return of the concept/characters. As a kid, I loved Access, Dr. Strangefate, Spider-Boy ... each comic was pretty fun.

-Pav, who thinks maybe Dark Claw was the best...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    We'd all love it but it won't happen any time soon what with the movies and all.
    Although they REALLY should make a Batman/Spawn movie. I know it'll never happen now that the DC movies roadmap is well underway but I can dream!

No more Amalgalm. It was a cool experiment for the time, but-- In some respects, it hurt either Marvel or DC in that some of the character concepts-- at least in name-- are now co-owned by both companies. I don't think that Marvel could, for example, have a comic series called "Super Soldier"-- even if it has nothing to do with the Amalgalm one-shot-- without getting clearance from DC.

The only thing I'd be interested in reading is an "Acts of Vengeance" set of mini-series involving villain-swapping with Marvel and DC characters. Superman has to deal with Thanos. Daredevil has to deal with Bane, Scarecrow, etc. Spider-Man has to deal with Lex Luthor. The X-Men have to deal with the League of Assassins.