14 14.29%
  • 11-15

10 10.20%
  • 16-20

11 11.22%
  • 21+

33 33.67%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Do you want to know about just DC purchases or all comic books?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I buy every New 52 title and get the trades (Hardcover for JL and Batman, TPBs for everything else). I read all of Marvel's titles through Marvel Unlimited. I get everything from Valiant. And I at least try every Image title through an arc, some I stay with (about 15) and some I don't. So yeah, I'm an addict

I buy around 30 a month via DCBS mail order. This is basically all DC/Vertigo.
    I often buy #1 issues from Marvel and Image but generally trade wait non DC.
    Saga is something I buy in trades. Thinking about getting She-Hulk and DD in trades.
    I just noticed my Comixology library was over 1000 books.

BANNED

I was buying @30 books a month but since I made the move to DCBS ( finally, you can't beat 35%-40% off) its jumped up a lot. My first order had 44 books and the next had 54. I just finished my order for July and it has 60 books in it. It sounds like a lot but after paying to have them bagged and boarded and shipped it only comes out to @2.40 a book or $142 total. I don't like digital at all, I spend a fair amount of money on this hobby and I want to physically have them in my hands for that money; I also lend them out to friends and digital makes it hard to do that. The only trades I buy are older volumes that I missed out on when I wasn't reading comics, I don't like to trade wait.

6 or 8 is plenty.

5-10. Sometimes more sometimes less. I only get 3 or 4 titles reagularly, the rest are by arc. 2 soon to be 3 are by subscription. No digital for me, and while i dont wait for trades, i will buythem. Dont have the time to go back issue hunting, the way i would like.

I probably buy about 5 or 6 DC titles a month (but 8 - 9 issues since one is Batman Eternal, a weekly); 1 Marvel (All-New Invaders); some Dynamite (but from their pulp line, so they haven't come out exactly monthly and most are ending); and several IDW titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanson724 View Post
    I was buying @30 books a month but since I made the move to DCBS ( finally, you can't beat 35%-40% off) its jumped up a lot. My first order had 44 books and the next had 54. I just finished my order for July and it has 60 books in it. It sounds like a lot but after paying to have them bagged and boarded and shipped it only comes out to @2.40 a book or $142 total. I don't like digital at all, I spend a fair amount of money on this hobby and I want to physically have them in my hands for that money; I also lend them out to friends and digital makes it hard to do that. The only trades I buy are older volumes that I missed out on when I wasn't reading comics, I don't like to trade wait.
    I tend to agree with Hanson, it's a hobby for me and really the only thing I spend my money on. I don't lend them to my friends, but my daughter (15) really is getting into them and wants to start her own collection. I've considered going digital simply because of space concerns but there is something about going to the LCS, talking to the owner about various titles, and just having the feel and smell of the book. Guess I'm old fashioned that way. Oh, and I collect between 15 and 20 titles, depending on finances and what catches my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    I tend to agree with Hanson, it's a hobby for me and really the only thing I spend my money on. I don't lend them to my friends, but my daughter (15) really is getting into them and wants to start her own collection. I've considered going digital simply because of space concerns but there is something about going to the LCS, talking to the owner about various titles, and just having the feel and smell of the book. Guess I'm old fashioned that way. Oh, and I collect between 15 and 20 titles, depending on finances and what catches my eye.
    Now you just have to get your daughter to collect the books you sort of want to read but don't want to spend the money on yourself.

I don't, I used to but so many single issues are cluttering up the place.

I'll just read the issues from friends and stuff and buy it when it's released as a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Now you just have to get your daughter to collect the books you sort of want to read but don't want to spend the money on yourself.
    LOL, there are 2 problems with that. One, she likes a lot of the same books I do but wants her own. And 2, who do you think would be supporting her habit?

Quote Originally Posted by lorec View Post
    LOL, there are 2 problems with that. One, she likes a lot of the same books I do but wants her own. And 2, who do you think would be supporting her habit?
    Well, if it's her allowance, she'd be spending it on other things as well, so once you give it to her it doesn't matter.

Besides, can't she get a job? (Heck, I did some babysitting when I was in high school, then got a part-time job at the town library starting when I was 16.)

Astonishing Member

I'm done with Batman Eternal, so 0/trade waiting.

About 30 a month (not just DC) ... I gotta start cutting back tho, I'm running out of money

40-50 singles a month for me (mostly DC), I go to the LCS every Thursday during my lunch break (new comic day is Thursday here in Australia)

I don't usually have time to read them all but get caught up every now and then, just enough to stack them so it eliminates any ink moisture (but not enough to promote cover roll) so they are nice and flat ready to read and then bag / board.