14 14.29%
  • 11-15

10 10.20%
  • 16-20

11 11.22%
  • 21+

33 33.67%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I only buy, like, 7 titles a month, but some of them come out every week or two weeks, so... I think it would be like 12 issues a month, and I read a number of series in trade form. Not to sound judgmental at all, but I am always interested to hear people buy so much... stuff. I don't have enough interest in enough comic properties to buy so much, and I know I'd never get around to reading all of that.

Man I didn't realize so many people read more than 20. Also for myself I like to put together older sets to read. Only been reading for almost two years now so I have a lot of catching up to do. If anyone else does this what methods do you use to get back issues of older runs? And I think I'm getting into prints and art more I bought a big Hal Jordan vs sinestro one if print at a con a few months ago.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I pull 20 books a month. 95% are DC. They are physical releases, but if it comes with a combo pack then I get that version. However any new series coming out like the new Teen Titans issue 1,Suicide Squad 1, and 3rd weekly I will be getting digital as I am running out of space in my room. Graphic novel wise I tend to only buy when I need to get caught up on something or I wait for a comixology sale. I buy more manga graphic novels on a regular basis though since if it isn't in shonen jump then I can't read it unless I buy a GN.

Fantastic Member

I hover around the 20-25 mark. used to get 50 a month but that was unsustainable since I wanna buy more stuff than just comic books.

BANNED

you guys are so rich. as for myself, I wait for graphic novels rarely. I think I only have 10 of them. the comics doesnt really get here in our place. but with a help of a friend from usa, I might be able to buy the Storm's ongoing series every month. if I have excess money , I might try to get larfleeze's

I regularly pick up 12 titles a month, but two of those are Batman Eternal and Future's End. That also doesn't include extra ones I buy here and there, like Supergirl #31 last week because of the crossover with Red Lanterns. I buy all my single-issues from Comixology because it's easier and saves space.

However I also trade-wait a couple of titles like Swamp Thing, Suicide Squad, Animal Man etc. I also double-dip to pick up trades of series/arcs I enjoyed when I picked them up digitally.

I buy one comic a month (The Flash) and trade-wait all of the rest.

I generally get 10-15 trades a month on eBay where they cost about the same as two issues would cost brand new.

anywhere between 35-50 a month. Split pretty evenly between DC and marvel but it seems to be leaning more and more in DC's favor recently.

About $40 per week, I try to keep it somewhat evenly spread across publishers.

To be honest, my budget has gotten a bit out of control lately, and Im currently waiting for about ten minis and ongoings to either end or finish their runs so I dont overspend for much longer.

I voted 0, trade waiting.

But actually, I seek out a couple of long runs to read about once a year, then get them in cheapest format I can find...if back issues are cheaper than the trades then I buy the back issues

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Man I didn't realize so many people read more than 20. Also for myself I like to put together older sets to read. Only been reading for almost two years now so I have a lot of catching up to do. If anyone else does this what methods do you use to get back issues of older runs? And I think I'm getting into prints and art more I bought a big Hal Jordan vs sinestro one if print at a con a few months ago.
    Basically go the lazy route nowadays, just order from two or three back issue dealers that I know are reliable...for sort of comics I buy, usually find even that is considerably cheaper than paying full cover price for new comics. In old days when I bought comics from eBay auctions and local market stalls, etc paid a small fraction of cover price.

I try not to spend more than $20 a month on books. I usually only get 5 or 6 books, though I'd buy more if they were less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I try not to spend more than $20 a month on books. I usually only get 5 or 6 books, though I'd buy more if they were less expensive.
    So maybe the question for you should be how / when do you buy your books? If you go with digital and wait a couple of months after the issues are first released, I believe you can save some money?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So maybe the question for you should be how / when do you buy your books? If you go with digital and wait a couple of months after the issues are first released, I believe you can save some money?
    No, I still prefer the traditional floppies. I like to have an actual book in my hands, and I still enjoy the weekly trip to the comic book shop.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    No, I still prefer the traditional floppies. I like to have an actual book in my hands, and I still enjoy the weekly trip to the comic book shop.
    Can totally understand . . . I don't do digital, either.