14 14.29%
  • 11-15

10 10.20%
  • 16-20

11 11.22%
  • 21+

33 33.67%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

My question is this. For those who buy 20+ do you have kids and are married. For a guy who is both married with two kids that many comic books would be ludicrous to buy a month

(This post is in good humor). ;-)

Lol I buy 20+ and I'm a 21 year old college kid. I've also wondered how old the people who post on here are. You guys seen like you've been here a while.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I get these monthly, which are all Batman stuff:

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman & Robin
    Justice League
    Batman/Superman
    Batman Eternal
    The New 52: Future's End
    Earth 2
    Batman '66
    Batman Beyond Universe
    All-New X-Factor

I trade wait everything else. If I'm into the hero/team or its touted as being a good storyline I look into getting the trade of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    My question is this. For those who buy 20+ do you have kids and are married. For a guy who is both married with two kids that many comic books would be ludicrous to buy a month

Yeah I am in the same boat, well except that I buy 20+ a month. Sometimes I can't find time to read them before the next new comic day, but really it is 5 or more a week. Less than lunch at some places and these days some comics only take 5 minutes to read.

Astonishing Member

I buy a digital trade online via amazon bout once a week.

BANNED

My question is this. For those who buy 20+ do you have kids and are married.
    I do not and am not. I guess I've yet to sufficiently impress a lady with my massive piles of comic books (floppies and trades).

I'm 34 and recently married but no kids yet so I'm enjoying the financial freedom while it lasts! I expect my pull list will suffer greatly if we have little tykes running around absorbing all the cash

I polled 0 regarding DC titles. 2-3 combined for other publishers. DC's New 52 almost killed my enjoyment of reading comics to be honest.

However, I use to buy 20+ DC titles before the change.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I've cut down significantly within the last couple of months. I've narrowed my monthly list to around a half-dozen or so, focusing on buying the books that I like and need the most financial support.

Then I buy the trades of just about everything else.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Incredible Member

20+

Definitely picking up way more now than the first year of New 52

with certain new titles (Superman/Wonder Woman, Justice League United, Sinestro, Batman Eternal, etc)

and older titles which have become more appealing recently (Detective Comics, Action Comics, Red Lanterns, Supergirl, etc).

Only dropped a few along the way (Batwoman, Batgirl, Batwing, Swamp Thing, JLA).
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 05-30-2014 at 12:36 AM.

I chose the 11-15 option. I'm always trying to whittle down my titles, but I keep ending up around the same amount. All but one of mine are DC and I'm still in floppy mode. I also end up buying the Aquaman hardcovers since it can get annoying trying to go back and open up bagged and boarded issues. For those of you going 21+ a month in floppies - how does that work? That's like a new short box every 5 months or so. I have a lot of space, but I'm starting to get antsy about the ever-increasing number of little white boxes piling up around me. I'm worried that I'll someday get buried under them a la hoarders.

Incredible Member

Easy answer: digital.

Not counting some back issues I picked up during Comixology sales, I've gotten 15 issues this month and 2 trades. I generally try and limit myself to ~$100 a month for comics though I may have to bust that limit when I finally decide to spring for some absolute editions one of these days.
    Currently Reading: Lazarus, American Vampire, Wytches, Descender, Batman, Sex Criminals, Rat Queens, High Crimes, Deadly Class, Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, The Fade Out, Thor, Gotham Academy, Southern Bastards, Batgirl, All Star Section Eight, Injection, Howard the Duck, Weirdworld, Grayson, Midnighter, Prez, Hawkeye

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

6 DC (4 bat books, Aquaman and Superman from #32)
    1 Marvel (ASM).

Per month;
    5 DC
    5 Marvel (trade for an additional 4 digitally)
    12 Image
    9 Valiant
    1 Dynamite
    1 Dark Horse

And 2000AD weekly.