• 11-15

10 10.20%
  • 16-20

11 11.22%
  • 21+

33 33.67%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Hanson724 View Post
    Yep, I'm married with two kids( 6 and 8) and the whole shot, two vehicle payments, a mortgage etc... That's why I started dcbs and I usually buy trades from instocktrades.com. Somehow though,I still end up at the LCS on payday... These things are addicting.
    I use dcbs too but i go to my lcs a lot. I sometimes dont even plan to get anything theyre just addicting to go to lol.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Late 20's, male, single, no kids, love dogs, cats, horses and cycling.

This is my first month as a vile trade-waiter. Pls, don't reject me.
    Last edited by eye of all; 05-31-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hardly buy anything new. Most of my current books are all 20+ years old. It's not a DC thing, it's a current thing. Nothing except a handful of exceptions are books I want to read at this point. So I'd rather just stick to stuff that I do want to buy.

How often? Every week..

How much? To damn much..

But I wouldn't have it any other way, I love my hobby
    #MagnetoWasRight

Currently from DC I'm not getting anything and haven't done since Grant left Batman last year (That will change in August when I get Multiversity and All Star Western for Darwyn Cooke's art). Outside of DC, I'm buying about seven books, going up to ten based on the last solicits.

BANNED

How many Books Do I buy: On average 8 per month. I do trade wait on some books. But most of the trades/HC are collected editions of books I buy on a monthly basis. It’s easier to re-read and store. The single copies, I end up giving them to a retailer I know and he'll either give me money, or allow me to swap for in store inventory of a certain higher value. Thus far I've opted for swapping it for in store inventory.

I tend to either buy them at a bookstore in our down town core that sells trades at a third off the Canadian cover price. Or I buy them on line from chapters.indigo.ca, which also sells books a third off the Canadian cover price.

Where Do I buy: I support a retailer who I’ve known for years, because he gives me 20% off the US cover price and he’s been kind to me.

I haven’t gone digital. I might preview a book that way. But if I plan on sticking with it long term I’ll get a paper copy. I don’t like the glare from the tablet on my eyes.
    Last edited by Mia; 06-01-2014 at 03:21 PM.