Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

My favorite book right now. Keep Ewing if you can, Marvel. And other writers, please become jealous of his coming stardom and copy him. And thank you, Mr. Ewing. Keep up the good work.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Extraordinary Member

Another great issue, I like how Ewing uses his dialogue to pull you into the story from the start. Also the conversations between characters are always relevant and lead up to something. Land just keeps getting better, this is how it should be done.

Ewing is great

I need to chime in with how great this issue was. Ewing has done great with making the Event tie-ins work for his larger narrative.

I do like Monica's line about NEXTWAVE as a way to explain some of the recent changes she made and hope to delve into that more. Though tying that series into 616 continuity never made much sense but since TPTB decided it someone needed to address that elephant in the room. I don't think there would be many other writers I would trust with that than Ewing. And maybe once that is handled more writers would be willing to use Monica in their stories.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

BANNED

This book is so damn good. Ewing is downright Busiek-ian. Book of the week for me.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

My disappointment with She-Hulk's absence aside from the TV ad is more than compensated for by the scenes with Ulana, Monica's rant and Reed calling Adam.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

This recent Issue was geat, spoilers:
    the Watchers wife/mate was great giving an alien perspective on death and the Watcher baby was also very interesting
    end of spoilers

I want to see more were-creatures: bears, hyenas, cheetahs, pumas..

BANNED

Wow that was actually a very satisfy issue! Thank goodness I was beginning to loose faith. Actual story progression was good to see and I really enjoyed the Blade scenes. Not fully sold on the character but I do think like him to a certain extent.

Not really happy about Sam 616 using a gun though, hopefully that part won't stick.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Ewing does another outstanding issue. Really like how he's handling the Original Sin event and got a great character moment with Blue Marvel.

I laughed at the Monica Nextwave reference. Poor Ewing having to fix the continuity issues that no one else will address.

Deathwalker scenes were kind of weak but at least that plot is finally coming to a head.
    Ewing fixed nothing. This has been the explanation for Nextwave for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    My favorite book right now. Keep Ewing if you can, Marvel. And other writers, please become jealous of his coming stardom and copy him. And thank you, Mr. Ewing. Keep up the good work.
    Completely agree. It's perfect.

Were-roosters. Awesome.

Monica is scary. Which is a little sexy.

Greg Land is a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    If Blade had half a brain, he would take her in a vampire-slaying tour. The girl can turn herself into sunlight, for Odin's sake.
    You're assuming she'd agree to being around Blade for that long. Note that in the first issue Monica wasn't happy to see him at all....

During that team up in New Orleans Blade rubbed pretty much everybody the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Wow that was actually a very satisfy issue! Thank goodness I was beginning to loose faith. Actual story progression was good to see and I really enjoyed the Blade scenes. Not fully sold on the character but I do think like him to a certain extent.

Not really happy about Sam 616 using a gun though, hopefully that part won't stick.
    Given what threat they were facing it made sense.

When Sam goes up against threats like that it's stupid to have him out there unarmed. That was part of the problem with him being in space during Infinity, he was just sort of there....

"Blade, the Vampire Slayer. Versus the firebreathing were-roosters of the Deathwalkers, hunting the talisman of Kamar-Taj."

"Don't say we're not good to you."

Dear god, I love Ewing's narrative captions. They just turn the awesome up to 11.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass