Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm so into these weirdo monsters its ridiculous.

There should be even more monsters in the next arc. Make this a modern "Challengers of the Unknown"!

Muthafkin fire-breathin were-roosters! Giant blood-suckin were-leeches! Monica bitchin about Nextwave while justifyin her makeover and frackin suicidal mindless monsters!

Not gonna lie: That sequence with Brashear and the Giant Alien Baby Head made me cry.

BANNED

BEST MA ISSUE!

BEST COMIC ISSUE OF D FREAKIN MONTH!

3 plots brilliantly interconnectd & conjoind AND complimntd with continuity AND incredulous xcter deep xcter devlpmnt interspersd with sufficient brutal action scenes AND story progressn.

:TEARS:...Ewing made wondas with dis issue emotionally, brutally, awesomistically & heart felt.

12 out of 10!

Hope y'all r still spreading d wrd 2 reading & sending ur letters 2 Ewing & Breevort, WE HV 2 KP DIS BRILLIANCE ALIVE!

Still sort of wish they explained exactly how Uatu and Adam became friends. I was always curious about that.

But overall it was a very nice issue. Really humanized the Watcher and gave the character a very fitting send off.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Still sort of wish they explained exactly how Uatu and Adam became friends. I was always curious about that.

But overall it was a very nice issue. Really humanized the Watcher and gave the character a very fitting send off.
    Yeah I agree it would've been nice if they'd delved even just a little bit into how Uatu and Adam became friends. But it was a fitting send off.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah I agree it would've been nice if they'd delved even just a little bit into how Uatu and Adam became friends. But it was a fitting send off.
    They showed how they became friends in the Blue Marvel mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    They showed how they became friends in the Blue Marvel mini series.
    Yeah, we saw how they met. I'm just curious about them becoming friends, because to me that's somewhat unusual for Uatu. He's had tons of interaction with various other heroes, Reed in particular. But he never really made an effort to personally befriend them even though obviously he has shown to be very protective of the human race in general.

I won't say there necessarily needs to be any more explanation that what we got, but it's a relationship I sort of wanted fleshed out more because I at least found it somewhat unusual on Uatu's part.

BANNED

Yeah, we saw how they met. I'm just curious about them becoming friends, because to me that's somewhat unusual for Uatu. He's had tons of interaction with various other heroes, Reed in particular. But he never really made an effort to personally befriend them even though obviously he has shown to be very protective of the human race in general.

I won't say there necessarily needs to be any more explanation that what we got, but it's a relationship I sort of wanted fleshed out more because I at least found it somewhat unusual on Uatu's part.
    Might be for the same reasons he became friends with Samm over in Nova

I love this book so much, Blade vs. Blazikens I can't believe it. Shout-outs to both Deadpool AND Nextwave (no one can unsee baby MODOKS) and tons of feels for the Blue Marvel. Great Issue and my favorite book this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I love this book so much, Blade vs. Blazikens I can't believe it. Shout-outs to both Deadpool AND Nextwave (no one can unsee baby MODOKS) and tons of feels for the Blue Marvel. Great Issue and my favorite book this month.
    Yeah, it is sort of refreshing to get this much sense of continuity in an Avengers book. It's probably been said to death, but I don't recall feeling this much since Busieks Avengers. Not that I'm dissing any of the writers since then, but it's nice to see here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Lol Ninja Blazikens.

Fire Breathing Were Roosters! Blue Marvel and Ulana! NExtWave References! Everything has been said already. This book just keeps getting better and better.

This was awesome. It felt like a marvel knights book.

The blue marvel stuff really struck home with me. That take on the character, the whole "you where not informed?" The meta sense and the in story sense. It really was executed well

I think this book does tie ins very well, it's a shame there have been so many though. As great as the book is there really isn't a central story line I could point to

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    This was awesome. It felt like a marvel knights book.

The blue marvel stuff really struck home with me. That take on the character, the whole "you where not informed?" The meta sense and the in story sense. It really was executed well

I think this book does tie ins very well, it's a shame there have been so many though. As great as the book is there really isn't a central story line I could point to
    Right now, there are two big ones that everything else falls under. The cortex corporation, which went after the talisman and is protecting gideon mace, and the Deathwalkers who have been shown to have strong ties to the history of a few of the members. So the three major parties are the mighty avengers the old villains returning, and the new enemies. We know the cortex corporation is looking for a way to market and sell super powers, and we know the deathwalkers are capable of turning people into were animals, so I think we'll see them cross paths soon. In fact both of them are on the cover for Augusts Mighty Avengers issue.

I also think Monica is due to lose in a big way. Ewing has had her tearing up every villain. I wouldnt be surprised to see Adam's son return, probably hired by cortex, as he was the only one that has been able to stop her. Also her weakness to magic will probably be brought up again.
    Last edited by Tracks; 06-01-2014 at 08:53 AM.