Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

Go to the lego aisle; at least DC has a presence there.

Also, for young kids there's the excellent (IMHO) Imaginext line, which is also in a different aisle than the regular DC toys. They're actually doing some cool stuff with that line, I think a Hall of Justice (from Super Friends) is scheduled to come out soon.

edited to add:
    Sorry, you specified action figures in particular; well, the DC Universe Classics line died a while ago, and that was pretty much the equivalent to the Marvel Legends retail line, which is still ongoing (after a few reboots). There is a cartoony, simplified line called Total Heroes that is not really carried widely anymore (though Target had a big box set with the main heroes). But yeah, a lot of that Marvel space is devoted to Avengers 2.

I have a really young son, and I've been getting him into both DC and Marvel; he's too young for the movies, but Marvel just has way more cartoons on now thanks to Disney XD, and DC only has... Teen Titans Go? No Batman, no Justice League, nothing.
    Last edited by fujishig; 07-10-2015 at 03:52 PM.

DC still has great action figures, but they're marketed as collectibles, so they're carried at comic book shops and online retailers. Some are a little pricey but they are really cool imo.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I work at a Toys R Us. The store has an entire alse for Marvel toys and the Marvel toys cannibalized the space that was meant for DC toys. All the DC stuff we get now are Batman toys. Neither from the Batman Unlimited line or toys based on the Arkham games. If we're lucky we might get Teen Titans Go toys but that's it.
    I know that in such stores space is rented out to certain food company vendors who pay for the privilege. Could be Marvel/Disney dishing it out for retail space while DC has not?

For a short, short while there Target had some nicer DC figures hidden in with the preschool crap. They never seemed to get stocked very often.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The bottom line is, DC needs to get a cartoon back on TV. Because Marvel is now owned by Disney, they can have as many as they want. DC was outsourcing all of their cartoons to CN and CN didn't really want them. The fact that the only one still on the air is TTG speaks for itself. I don't understand why the CW can't do a DC cartoon unless there is some legal issue. I know there is that Batman line and they have a few non-Bat figures like Superman (which I have) and a Flash but, yeah, it's not like when I was a kid. I think DC is scared to risk putting anything out there that might not sell. One of the reasons why I think the Marvel line works is because it isn't age specific. They have obscure characters only adult fans would know and they the classics kids know. It isn't aimed at a particular market. I would love to see DC do this too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's also this line:

http://www.amazon.com/Comics-Heroes-...action+figures

which is obviously aimed at kids and obviously based on the New52 universe. They have one of all the male heroes. Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. Don't know about Wonder Woman. Which isn't quite the same thing Marvel is doing. High quality figures of ALL of their characters but still well built and cheap enough even kids can play with them.

Try your local GameStop, they have quite a few DC figures & statues!
    TOP FIVE PULLS AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, HULK, NICE HOUSE, NIGHTWING, SAGA

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...igures-!/page2

McFarlane toys got the license to 6" DC figures from Mattel. Hopefully this leads to a resurgence on par (or at least approaching) Hasbro's Marvel Legends. McFarlane has turned a corner the last year or so.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...igures-!/page2

McFarlane toys got the license to 6" DC figures from Mattel. Hopefully this leads to a resurgence on par (or at least approaching) Hasbro's Marvel Legends. McFarlane has turned a corner the last year or so.
    I was stoked when I saw this news the other day.
    McFarlane makes some great looking figures and there really is a void of nice sculpt DC figurines on the shelves.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

glad to hear the enthusiasm todd mcfarlane has with the new dc license....

https://www.newsarama.com/44134-todd...l-with-dc.html

But how much will they cost?

Pixel dan talks about the dc toys here.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But how much will they cost?
    maybe a bit pricey for the kids???