Default So what's going on with Annihilus?

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if we have yet, or will, learn about what's happening with Annihilus? There are books dealing with both the Marvel Zombies and Ultron(s) , but so far I've only really heard about Annihilus through a reference here or there. Where do you feel he will fit in to the larger story, if at all?

**I have not picked up all the tie in titles yet, so I may have missed something that already answered my question**

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if we have yet, or will, learn about what's happening with Annihilus? There are books dealing with both the Marvel Zombies and Ultron(s) , but so far I've only really heard about Annihilus through a reference here or there. Where do you feel he will fit in to the larger story, if at all?

**I have not picked up all the tie in titles yet, so I may have missed something that already answered my question**
    The only story so far where Annihilus has a major role is the recent Starlin OGN, Thanos: The Infinity Relativity. Thanos Vs Hulk which acts as a prologue also has Annihilus serving the role of main antagonist as well as giving him a very significant power boost. I don't think he's played a role in any Secret Wars tie-ins as of yet, apparently a version of him will appear in Red Skull #2.. if you check out the viewer.

http://www.newsarama.com/25010-exclu...d-skull-2.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

Keep an eye on Red Skull secret wars series.

and on the main secret wars title for that matter. I guarantee you that towards the end of the main series (prolly issue 6) the walls gonna break, and the zombies, ultrons, and annihilation wave will come into battleworld.

All-New Member

The Annihilus in Red Skull's book has the be the Annihilus, because there's only one negative zone throughout the multiverse, which is where Annihilus holds his rule.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    The only story so far where Annihilus has a major role is the recent Starlin OGN, Thanos: The Infinity Relativity. Thanos Vs Hulk which acts as a prologue also has Annihilus serving the role of main antagonist as well as giving him a very significant power boost. I don't think he's played a role in any Secret Wars tie-ins as of yet, apparently a version of him will appear in Red Skull #2.. if you check out the viewer.

http://www.newsarama.com/25010-exclu...d-skull-2.html
    The family of Infinity Gauntlet is trying to survive the anniquilation wave so maybe...

Thanks everyone, I'll certainly be picking up that Red Skull book now.

I have read the Starlin Thanos Relativity, and while it's great to see Annihilus as the main villain and with a major power boost, I feel that Starlin doesn't quite get what Annihilus is about. He's not just some power-mad dictator type. I still liked it though. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Secret Wars.

I've also read before that there is only Negative Zone throughout the multiverse, but at the same time, there have been alternate Annihilus's hasn't there? There was a UE one, right?