Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

And I kind of disagree. While I can understand being frustrated at Anarchy being an antagonist incarcerated at Arkham, only the last bit really strikes me as wrong; a rational outlaw like Anarchy would most likely still be in a simple holding cell awaiting trial, probably passing his psychiatric exam without much issue.

Anarchy's only villainous action thus far in TEC has been acting as an accessory to the Victim Syndicate, and thus far only as the person who gave the First Victim their suit in exchange for setting up the seemingly totally benign Undercity, and by his account, he did so when the First Victim was "in need." While this action is criminal and indirectly hostile to the safety of Gotham's citizens in general and the Batfamily in particular, it's still comparatively tame and justified by Anarchy's nature as a revolutionary. Thus far, the Victim Syndicate hasn't really killed anyone, though not for lack of trying. Their focus on Batman and his family as a threat to the citizens of Gotham *is* distinct from both the avaricious villains Anarchy would oppose on principle.

And Anarchy is a revolutionary. If he didn't oppose the current system and status quo in Gotham, he'd just be another vigilante. But he's not; his nom de guerre, iconography, and personal philosophy is anarchy. As such, he should naturally be opposed to Batman's status quo of supplementing the city's law enforcement when he sees that law enforcement as illegitimate and inherently unjust. And him being opposed to Batman by blaming him for some of the city's problems was an element of at least one issue from back in the 90's with Scarecrow.

Now, the other reason I'm willing to excuse it is because Tynion is leaning hard on the inexperience and youth of Stephanie, Lonnie, and even Ulysses and Tim to some extent, to justify reckless and more emotional decision making. Stephanie's now largely past some of that and is likely to reconnect with the group after he next arc, while Lonnie acts as a foil to Tim in a mirror reverse of Ulysses: Ulysses is, if anything, too cynical and self interested to accomplish good work, while Lonnie is too fanatical of an idealist to use perspective of his situation.

And if you're like me, you wouldn't mind seeing Lonnie made into a frenemy that Tim is both wary and respectful of.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Thus far, the Victim Syndicate hasn't really killed anyone, though not for lack of trying.
    Small wrinkle: they murdered three security guards.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

All-New Member

He Had a storyline in Detective comics which I thought was pretty good, I think it's the 7th trade.

A part of me think that he would have been a more interesting Robin that Tim or Damian, even if i love those 2.