Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Speaking of which, I heard that the reason Captain America's shield became circular is because Archie Comics complained to Marvel Comics that the design looked too similar to Archie's character called the Shield, implying that Joe Simon and Jack Kirby stole the design and slightly modified it. Not sure how true that is though.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 11-24-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Help salute America this July 4th with a list of the greatest flag-wearing (and waving) patriotic heroes to ever fight for the American way.

Full article here.
    Every time CBR News posts and provides a link, the link doesn't go to the article. How do you find the article?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Speaking of which, I heard that the reason Captain America's shield became circular is because Archie Comics complained to Marvel Comics than the design looked too similar to Archie's character called the Shield, implying that Joe Simon and Jack Kirby stole the design and slightly modified it. Not sure how true that is though.

I don't have a link, but I have heard that as well. By issue 2, they'd changed the shape of it.

Mighty Member

Zoo Crew's Yankee Poodle?

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I don't have a link, but I have heard that as well. By issue 2, they'd changed the shape of it.
    I don't have a link either, but according to Wikipedia, a Brian Cronin wrote a book called Was Superman A Spy? which tells the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Every time CBR News posts and provides a link, the link doesn't go to the article. How do you find the article?
    This thread is several years old now, so I'm not surprised by the link rot, in this case probably due to a change to their content management system. I did a search and located the original 2015 article.

Lets see how long that link remains functional
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    I don't have a link either, but according to Wikipedia, a Brian Cronin wrote a book called Was Superman A Spy? which tells the story.
    I have the book, so long story short, Pep threatened to sue.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua