View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Will Be The First Openly Gay, Lesbian Or Bisexual Character In A Marvel Movie?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iceman in a rebooted X-Men franchise

3 6.52%
  • Phyla-Vell and/or Moondragon in a future GotG movie

19 41.30%
  • Karma in the New Mutants movie

6 13.04%
  • Mystique in a future X-Men movie

6 13.04%
  • Other (You can comment on who you think it will be)

9 19.57%
  • A previously heterosexual character retconned in a movie

3 6.52%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    There's not going to be a LBGT character in the MCU. I would put money on it.
    Well there was this set photo from Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    There's not going to be a LBGT character in the MCU. I would put money on it.
    Ditto this. The "maybe in ten years" crap is just an evasion tactic.

Ultimate Member

Which would be crappy on Marvel's Part. Anyway Moondragon in GOTG 2 is most likely imo:

-James Gunn has said that there'd be at least one new female on the team.
    -He's also said that the movie is about "fathers." Well her father is Drax and his whole thing in the first film was wanting revenge for his family's deaths (and he still wants to kill Thanos).
    -Thanos in the MCU has this weird habit of "adopting" children from the races/species that he's annihilated and making them his "children"/soldiers/operatives/etc.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

When it comes to Marvel I expect an openly LGBT character to eventually show up in one of their tv series, probably one of the netflix series, long before one shows up in a movie. In my opinion there will probably be an openly gay, lesbian or bi character in an X-Men or X-Men related movie before there's one in the MCU. And even though there are already a few openly LGBT characters on the DC tv shows, I have faith the first openly LGBT character in a movie will be a Marvel movie, not DC.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    More accurately, Feige said he thinks probably there will most likely be a gay hero in a movie in the next ten years. Which is incredibly non-committal.
    Yeah, that translated to me as 'We hadn't planned on any, but I guess it's not impossible, for, like, Phase Six, or something, right after the Fantabulous Frog-Man and The Amazing Thunder-Riders.'

Fox might be more likely to give us Karma in a New Mutants movie, or some not-really same-sex kissing as Mystique seduces a woman as part of some agenda (although that might require a speaking role for a woman other than Mystique, which might be expecting too much...).

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything from the MCU. It took them forever to include a woman with super-powers, and women are like 50% of the population.

I don't think Phyla and Moondragon are going to appear at all in the movies: Phyla is a Kree who are bad guys to GotG and its still up in the air if her father, Mar-Vell, is going to appear, Moondragon's father, Drax, is a 100% alien in the GotG movie whose total family was killed by Thanos, I think. Angela has more of a chance to appear, because of Thor, Gamora or Groot I think could be (but should not) retcon to be LGBT.

I can see Mystique and Destiny doing a scene together or at least a cameo.

Pinky Pinkerton of the Howling Commandos is gay he could do something if theres another sesaon of Agent Carter.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 07-04-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Ultimate Member

Drax being an alien is completely irrelevant as to whether or not his daughter would appear. And BOTH of them died in the comics, and were brought back. Plus it'd be easy enough to explain that she wasn't really dead.

Ditto on Phyla. The Kree being "villains" is meaningless when it comes to her possible appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, we've already had Ian McKellen as Magneto . . .
    Ian McKellen is gay. Magneto is straight.

It's a shame Wiccan and hulkling aren't on the list but oh well.

Yeah it'll be phylla vel and moondragon. Might be a bit of a race between them, maybe Northstar at fox and batwoman to see who will get the first lgbtiq character on screen.

I think it will happen in the X-films before the MCU films. I'm guessing it will be either Karma or Northstar in the next film. Fingers crossed.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Captain Marvel or Iron man.

Ultimate Member

Remember we are dealing with a company that still has to deal with folks who want to cherry pick what they sell.

They want films but they also want merchandise. Especially TOYS for kids.

So I would expect them to go the safe route and introduce an openly gay character on say Agents of Shield.

The person could help the team and at the of said episode-they ask where did he or she come from and that can lead to a movie.

Let that character reoccur fir a few episodes as the movie is coming up.

The only other way I could see it is pull a Ms Marvel or Static-powerless kid gets powers.

Now WHO?

I don't know.

IF someone is trying a social commentary-a minority gay kid especially a black one if you are trying to milk recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Ditto this. The "maybe in ten years" crap is just an evasion tactic.
    It's fairly realistic. All things considered, we still got at least 5-8 years till the end of Phase 3. After that, Marvel would definitely be keen on still expanding the MCU, but who knows what plans they actually got or can do. More Netflix TV series makes the most sense since they can be made much faster than the annual blockbusters, and they can take more time to introduce more new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It's a shame Wiccan and hulkling aren't on the list but oh well.
    They were likely omitted because it's really unlikely they'll be seen anytime soon. We just got Wanda Maximoff and she seemed what, 19-21 at the oldest? And Cassie Lang is in Ant-Man but as a small child. It's gonna be a while before we get to Billy and the Young Avengers.

I thought Maria hill..... Never mind I'm probably not cleared for this discussion