View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Will Be The First Openly Gay, Lesbian Or Bisexual Character In A Marvel Movie?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iceman in a rebooted X-Men franchise

3 6.52%
  • Phyla-Vell and/or Moondragon in a future GotG movie

19 41.30%
  • Karma in the New Mutants movie

6 13.04%
  • Mystique in a future X-Men movie

6 13.04%
  • Other (You can comment on who you think it will be)

9 19.57%
  • A previously heterosexual character retconned in a movie

3 6.52%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    It's fairly realistic. All things considered, we still got at least 5-8 years till the end of Phase 3. After that, Marvel would definitely be keen on still expanding the MCU, but who knows what plans they actually got or can do. More Netflix TV series makes the most sense since they can be made much faster than the annual blockbusters, and they can take more time to introduce more new characters.
    The final Phase 3 movie will be in 2019. So, four years.

Netflix is unlikely to back away from Marvel shows any time soon, unless they get a couple bombs. And there's no reason to expect that to happen. And we already know that Jessica Jones will have at least one episode featuring a lesbian couple. It's reasonable to believe we'll see more homosexual content on the Netflix Marvel shows, though specific characters are tougher to predict.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    I thought Maria hill..... Never mind I'm probably not cleared for this discussion
    Maria is to be the soul mate of Carol Danvers in 2018. Maria is why Carol goes down to earth so as to not remain in the sky or go beyond... Higher, Further, Faster, More.

Moondragon is the way to go. If she isn't in GotG I will be very disappointed. Drax even mentioned her (Even though she apparently has a different name in this universe) The MCU also needs a proper telepath.

I wouldn't mind if they made Carol gay. Her sexual orientation really isn't anything that important in the comics. And her hetero relationships are next to non existent.

Question: Would you be okay with Marvel changing Wiccan and Hulkling's origins if it meant they could appear in the MCU?
    Like others have said, their origins make it dificult to appear. What with the version of Scarlet Witch that we have and the absence of Skrulls.
    But I think this could be worked around.

Instead of a Kree/Skrull hybrid, Teddy could be a Kree/Chitauri hybrid with them saying the combination of DNA from the two races giving shapeshifting abilities. Or he could just be a shapeshifting Kree.
    Billy could just be a random kid with magic/reality-altering powers rather than a relation of Wanda. He could easily be introduced in Doctor Strange.

I'd actually be okay with this if it meant we could have them in the MCU. While I love their actual origins, I don't consider them to be wholy necessary for a movie adaptation of the characters. I wouldn't want them to change their origins in the comics though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Maria is to be the soul mate of Carol Danvers in 2018. Maria is why Carol goes down to earth so as to not remain in the sky or go beyond... Higher, Further, Faster, More.
    No, that's just wrong. Maria Hill wants Tony Stark. There will be a love triangle with Pepper and Tony. That will be the plot of Iron Man 4.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Question: Would you be okay with Marvel changing Wiccan and Hulkling's origins if it meant they could appear in the MCU?
    Like others have said, their origins make it dificult to appear. What with the version of Scarlet Witch that we have and the absence of Skrulls.
    But I think this could be worked around.

Instead of a Kree/Skrull hybrid, Teddy could be a Kree/Chitauri hybrid with them saying the combination of DNA from the two races giving shapeshifting abilities. Or he could just be a shapeshifting Kree.
    Billy could just be a random kid with magic/reality-altering powers rather than a relation of Wanda. He could easily be introduced in Doctor Strange.

I'd actually be okay with this if it meant we could have them in the MCU. While I love their actual origins, I don't consider them to be wholly necessary for a movie adaptation of the characters. I wouldn't want them to change their origins in the comics though.
    Teddy's pretty easy, considering GoTG and its amazing technicolor Terrans. Just make up a suspiciously-similar-but-totally-not-a-Skrull race and boom, instant origin!

Billy/Tommy (poor Tommy gets forgotten...) could be pretty easy, since having a genetic reason is the source of Wanda's powers. So just say they were part of more experiments with the Infinity Stone, just like Wanda/Pietro was. Either by Hydra, or unethical SHIELD experiments, who knows. They also don't have to use a time-shift because they could be created 'now', as teen experiments with enhancing humans, rather than the whole growing up in 16-18 years bit.

Whether Billy actually has the magic part, who knows. MCU tries to go with the 'advanced enough tech looks like magic, also Wanda's pretty much Jean Grey' route. I'm okay with this. Especially if that actually makes Dr. Strange stand out more when he does go full occult.

Personally I still like the idea that in the MCU, there's a higher chance of Vision actually being able to father the twins because of the more clear-cut techno-organic slant they went with, but that's prolly asking for way more than the MCU's prepared to deliver. Also, timeshift issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Moondragon is the way to go. If she isn't in GotG I will be very disappointed. Drax even mentioned her (Even though she apparently has a different name in this universe) The MCU also needs a proper telepath.

I wouldn't mind if they made Carol gay. Her sexual orientation really isn't anything that important in the comics. And her hetero relationships are next to non existent.
    Wonder-Man, Mar-Vell, Michael Rossi. Carol's hetero relationships are notable enough, that making her gay wouldn't make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    No, that's just wrong. Maria Hill wants Tony Stark. There will be a love triangle with Pepper and Tony. That will be the plot of Iron Man 4.
    If there is going to be a 4th movie with Tony Stark in the lead than the MCU deserves to implode. MCU Tony is fine as a supporting character in any upcoming MCU movie.
    Even better when Stark Industries will be replaced by Parker Industries when it comes to funding the Avengers team by a global spanning Peter Parker.
    The MCU also deserves to implode if there is going to be a 4th movie with Steve Rogers and Thor in the lead.
    They will be fine as supporting characters of movies where MCU Black Panther and MCU Thordis are the leads.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Drax being an alien is completely irrelevant as to whether or not his daughter would appear. And BOTH of them died in the comics, and were brought back. Plus it'd be easy enough to explain that she wasn't really dead.
    Plus we know that Thanos has a hobby of snatching little girls out of genocidal massacres and raising them as his 'daughters.' (Nebula even says to Gamora at one point, 'Of all our sisters, I hated you least.' making it flat out text that there are more of them out there, leaving it possible that Drax's daughter could be one of them.) It would be a change to the character, for her not to be human, and to have received her training and powers as one of Thanos' 'daughters', but we know he had the Mind Stone for awhile (before he lent it to Loki), so it's quite possible that exposure to it might have granted one or more of his daughters mental powers (the ones he wasn't turning into cybernetically-enhanced assassins...).

Being Drax's daughter wouldn't even require her to be all grey with red markings, since we've seen in GofG that inter-species marriages exist (the Nova dude and his Xandarian wife, and their bi-racial child). Young whats-her-name could be human-looking, and it be dealt with in a single sentence, that she 'takes after her mother.'

Ditto on Phyla. The Kree being "villains" is meaningless when it comes to her possible appearance.
    Yeah, we've already seen one on Agents of SHIELD who wasn't particularly villainous. Ronan was technically breaking Kree treaty by continuing his attacks, and even if the one Kree government official we saw didn't seem too terribly concerned about it, that doesn't mean that the other fiddy billion or so Kree out there are *all* bad-guys. Sample size was, after all, like, *two.*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    If there is going to be a 4th movie with Tony Stark in the lead than the MCU deserves to implode. MCU Tony is fine as a supporting character in any upcoming MCU movie.
    Even better when Stark Industries will be replaced by Parker Industries when it comes to funding the Avengers team by a global spanning Peter Parker.
    The MCU also deserves to implode if there is going to be a 4th movie with Steve Rogers and Thor in the lead.
    They will be fine as supporting characters of movies where MCU Black Panther and MCU Thordis are the leads.
    It was meant as a joke. I agree with you, though. I would rather see some of these newer characters instead. I could do without Spider. I've seen enough Spiderman films. But, give me a heterosexual Carol Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They were likely omitted because it's really unlikely they'll be seen anytime soon. We just got Wanda Maximoff and she seemed what, 19-21 at the oldest? And Cassie Lang is in Ant-Man but as a small child. It's gonna be a while before we get to Billy and the Young Avengers.
    Oh well all you have to do is a terminator/x-men days of future past type story where the future avengers come back to say hi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    It was meant as a joke. I agree with you, though. I would rather see some of these newer characters instead. I could do without Spider. I've seen enough Spiderman films. But, give me a heterosexual Carol Danvers.
    Yes, it is a fact that in the 21st century there have been 5 movies with Spider-Man in the lead with the 4th film being completely unnecessary in telling his origin as part of a reboot. That stated, the MCU Spider-Man will be introduced as a teenager BUT during Phase 3 of the MCU there can be hints that Peter Parker is building towards Parker Industries setting him up as the financial backer of the MCU Avengers.
    The movie public knows Peter Parker as a neighborhood crime-fighter operating in North America.
    I'd like to see them dazzled with a Peter Parker that does his crime-fighting in the neighborhood of other countries.
    I truly want Dan Slott's take of a global Spider-Man with the same personality, morals and values that he has while being a neighborhood crimefighter in North America to make it into the MCU.

The MCU Carol Danvers can be given as a heterosexual marvel character with either MCU Adam Brashear or MCU James Rhodes as her lover.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It's a shame Wiccan and hulkling aren't on the list but oh well.

Yeah it'll be phylla vel and moondragon. Might be a bit of a race between them, maybe Northstar at fox and batwoman to see who will get the first lgbtiq character on screen.
    Sorry about not putting Wiccan & Hulkling on the poll but I just don't see them in a movie anytime soon. I originally thought it would be Karma in the New Mutants but now I'm starting to think it probably will be Moondragon in Guardians of the Galaxy. I've read that Singer has flat-out said there isn't going to be any gay characters in X-Men Apocalypse so I don't see Northstar showing up as a side character in an X-Men movie anytime soon. And I can't imagine DC would ever actually make a Batwoman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh well all you have to do is a terminator/x-men days of future past type story where the future avengers come back to say hi
    Or a story with Kang.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Or a story with Kang.
    I don't believe they can use Kang.