View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Will Be The First Openly Gay, Lesbian Or Bisexual Character In A Marvel Movie?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iceman in a rebooted X-Men franchise

3 6.52%
  • Phyla-Vell and/or Moondragon in a future GotG movie

19 41.30%
  • Karma in the New Mutants movie

6 13.04%
  • Mystique in a future X-Men movie

6 13.04%
  • Other (You can comment on who you think it will be)

9 19.57%
  • A previously heterosexual character retconned in a movie

3 6.52%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LMAO Whew... maybe within a decade !
    So progressive.
    Feige is taking longer than the Supreme Court to 'evolve' on this topic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Iceman in a rebooted X-Men franchise
    This is possible but somehow I don’t see singler rebooting it again but stranger things have happened I guess maybe we could finally get a ass kicking Rogue but here is the question how would you explain it, could a change in the Days of Furture Past affect something like a characters orientation I guess.
    Oh that's an easy development. "In the last movie I was in, Magneto was this wrinkly old dude who had his shapechanging girlfriend turn into me (not creepy at all...) and then come-hithered my best friend Pyro into leaving with him. Now he's Michael Fassbender. Pick me! I want to be a god among insects!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The Supreme Court has been around a lot longer than Kevin Feige. Its not his fault that Marvel doesn't have a lot of lgbt characters.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    A previously heterosexual character retconned in a movie
    Tb him not a big fan of this and I feel that you would need to address it, I don’t think you could have Tony in a happy relationship with Pepper and then all of a sudden try round and say he is gay and in love with Steve which is another kettle of fish all together. There is also the point that when would you do it RDJ from what I understand has said that there will be no more solo Iron Man until they recast which they will eventually and I don't think it would go down well if they did it in the avengers.
    When I created the poll what I meant by the "previously heterosexual character retconned in a movie" option I meant a character that has been heterosexual in the comics but when added into the movies for the first time they're retconned into being gay/lesbian or bi. I didn't mean a character that has already shown to be heterosexual suddenly changed to be gay/lesbian or bi.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    When I created the poll what I meant by the "previously heterosexual character retconned in a movie" option I meant a character that has been heterosexual in the comics but when added into the movies for the first time they're retconned into being gay/lesbian or bi. I didn't mean a character that has already shown to be heterosexual suddenly changed to be gay/lesbian or bi.
    That would be fairly easy because there's a lot of lower tier heroes you could do that with in an adaptation and it wouldn't really cause much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That would be fairly easy because there's a lot of lower tier heroes you could do that with in an adaptation and it wouldn't really cause much of a problem.
    Yeah, I honestly would expect to see a lower tier straight character get retconned into being gay/lesbian/bi in a movie before Wiccan, Hulkling, America Chavez, Daken, etc. get a chance to be in a movie.

BANNED

I'd like to see Phyla-Vell because of the Mar-Vell connection. Based of Feige's comments, I wonder if Gunn is gunning for Mantis and not any of the lgbt girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    I'd like to see Phyla-Vell because of the Mar-Vell connection. Based of Feige's comments, I wonder if Gunn is gunning for Mantis and not any of the lgbt girls.
    Yeah the new female character in the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie will probably be either Mantis or Moondragon. If it's Moondragon they could just slip in a quick moment where she gives Gamora the once-over and that could be edited out of international releases so that audiences in Russia, Africa, etc don't walk out of the theatres. But it's also quite likely that the new character will just end up being Mantis anyways.

living lightning is an easy choice.

Well the poll results are interesting... looks like Marvel REALLY can't drop the ball on the next GotG film; because NOW is the time to finally have true LGBT representation in the MCU movies. Fingers crossed we hear about casting these two characters this year.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Well the poll results are interesting... looks like Marvel REALLY can't drop the ball on the next GotG film; because NOW is the time to finally have true LGBT representation in the MCU movies. Fingers crossed we hear about casting these two characters this year.
    Don't get your hopes up. I can guarantee you, right now, straight-up, we won't be seeing a lesbian relationship in GotG 2. It's not going to happen. I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. I can guarantee you, right now, straight-up, we won't be seeing a lesbian relationship in GotG 2. It's not going to happen. I guarantee it.
    Oh I highly doubt it too (sadly). I'm just trying to be positive (been a little too negative recently). But yeah... not holding my breath. Right now let's see if they even appear in the film (which isn't guaranteed either).

It is a shame, though... that we can categorically say Marvel won't do it, and not even doubt if we are right or not. Come on Marvel, grow some balls. You used to be groundbreaking. This is like Star Trek all over again; why is their early stuff far more daring and fighting for social change than the later stuff?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh I highly doubt it too (sadly). I'm just trying to be positive (been a little too negative recently). But yeah... not holding my breath. Right now let's see if they even appear in the film (which isn't guaranteed either).

It is a shame, though... that we can categorically say Marvel won't do it, and not even doubt if we are right or not. Come on Marvel, grow some balls. You used to be groundbreaking. This is like Star Trek all over again; why is their early stuff far more daring and fighting for social change than the later stuff?
    The answer is very simple: *rubs thumb over index and middle fingers* As the saying goes, "Money, dear boy." Early Star Trek was expected to fail, so they could be a lot more daring. The longer the franchise went on, the more money was involved, and the fewer risks they were willing to take. Same goes with Marvel, especially the movies. The foreign market is arguably even more important than the American market, and the US is actually one of the more sexually tolerant countries. China, in particular, is huge money right now. So Marvel Studios will do everything they possibly can to avoid pissing off the Chinese market. In fact, they've shown a willingness to blatantly pander to the Chinese market, such as by filming scenes over there, and filming additional scenes just for China.

When a corporation has a choice between morals and money, money will win every single time.
    Last edited by Tiamatty; 07-29-2015 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Sorry my bad but to be fair the wording could be misleading, anyway depending on the character sure why not.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    BOOM. I guess that burn was radioactive.