Super Moderator

Default Louise Simonson Declares War on Cartoon Network in IDW's "Super Secret Crisis War"

The writer brings Cartoon Network favorites together in "Super Secret Crisis War" crossover, and reveals her hopes for En Sabah Nur in "X-Men: Apocalypse."

Full article here.

BANNED

Nice to see her tell her side of the story of how she got this project and of what she viewed Apocalypse should be like.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

I couldn't be happier! My favorite Superman author is back writing comics. NOW, I have to track this book down cause I am sure I didn't preorder it....and I am kicking myself for missing it.

The stuff she shared about working in the business in the seventies was very interesting....I wonder if more of the people involved could share more. To think that Bernie Wrightson and all those folks lived in the same neighborhood....there's gotta be some stories there!

I am curious to see the interplay between Aku and Mojo Jojo....they both have such distinct ways of expressing themselves. This sounds like a lot of fun!!

Amazing Member

First off my daughter grew up on most of these cartoons...especially Power Puff girls! My daughter is 18 now but I will check this out. I love these cartoons.

Love the title and crossover idea. More importantly I am a huge Louise Simonson fan! Always have been. Walt as well (I'm currently re-reading his Thor run).

I'm totally buying this book. Two copies. One for me and one for the kids . . .

Because when they read their comics, they read their comics. LOL I always have to tape them back up to keep them together. But that just shows how much they love comic books.

I think I will get some for my niece and nephew too. I might end up buying this for everyone . . .

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_16 View Post
    I'm totally buying this book. Two copies. One for me and one for the kids . . .

Because when they read their comics, they read their comics. LOL I always have to tape them back up to keep them together. But that just shows how much they love comic books.

I think I will get some for my niece and nephew too. I might end up buying this for everyone . . .
    Not only do you have to tape them up, but do you find yourself having to sort out the paper they used to trace and put up with the crayon marks where they didn't like the way it was colored?

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Not only do you have to tape them up, but do you find yourself having to sort out the paper they used to trace and put up with the crayon marks where they didn't like the way it was colored?
    LOL Not quite . . . but that's cute. No my kids are more apt to try to do their own comic book at that point. LOL