Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preview: Midnighter #3

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...nd-goes-223248

"I wanted to talk to you about finding your daughter and beating, inventively and repeatedly, the people that took her."

lol

I love the layouts by ACO. They do a good job of conveying just how Midnighter can see all the angles.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

I love Midnighter!!
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Definitely one of my top 5 favorite series right now. Can't wait for Wednesday!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I could use some breakfast.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    "I wanted to talk to you about finding your daughter and beating, inventively and repeatedly, the people that took her."
    Best line I"ve read this year. Already a 10 out of 10! (y)

So excited for the next issue. Midnighter has some of the best lines, like "you don't have me surrounded, I have you arranged". This is easily one of my favorite books.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This book certainly does have some of the best lines and it is one of my favorites as well. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Looks awesome. I got a little worried last issue with the less good art because the appeal here was definitely the ACO. Between this preview and the future Grayson involvement, though, count me back in at peak interest. And the Multiplex jam should be pretty cool, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Always Rakzo

This continues to be ACO's best work by far. The way how he creates the layouts to complement Midnighter's abilities is fantastic and it also works greatly for storytelling.

Orlando's writing continues to have a lot of personality and strength. We have the best read of the week right here people.

BANNED

Midnighter has been great, but the art can be so much better. I'll probably skipping #4 because I'm not interested in Dick's 007 impression. I personally hate it.

Mighty Member

I love everything about this book. Orlando knocks the writing out of the park and ACO's layouts are great (he draws a little too much gum for my tastes but that's a really minor complaint).

Can't wait for the reunion with Dick next month.

For fans of Midnighters reunion with Dick (hehe) they won't have to wait a month...

Another fantastic issue. I wish this sold better and got more press.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Super good. I like the open-endedness with Multiplex. Because I mean, he trashed the guy. But as is ever the case with Multiplex, Multiplex throws every duplicate of himself at a situation then as soon as things look grim, Multiplex-Prime is like "pile on boys ... I've gotta dip the hell out."

Kind of hope next issue's title is actually "DATE NIGHT".

My two most notable moments were actually in the preview. 1. The kid has a Black Canary poster. 2. Reading Shelly Gaynor novels, Shelly Gaynor was the "Whip" from Morrison's Seven Soldiers, a prominent writer.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 08-05-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Super good. I like the open-endedness with Multiplex. Because I mean, he trashed the guy.
    In a one page spread! It was fantastic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    In a one page spread! It was fantastic.
    I thought this issue was fantastic. I love how the art portrays Midnighters powers. The next 3 issues with Grayson are going to be awesome. I can't wait for next month to get here!