BANNED

Default Who do you think Marvel sees is important? Peter Parker or Spider-Man

What do they think is best for the Spider-Man series to have a better focus point to tell an important point about what the character is all about?

BANNED

Peter Parker

To me, it seems they are thinking Spider-Man is more important than Peter Parker. He's seen as a DC/Batman esque symbol, not as the guy behind the mask. I think them promoting Miles Morales so much adds to my little theory.

BANNED

The mantle and what it stands for is much more important than the person behind it, Peter Parker can die, but the idea that responsibility comes with great power is immortal.

Peter Parker. The focus on the films and comics is more on his story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Spider-man is there most important franchise and Peter is there most important Spider-man, it's pretty much equal.

I think Peter Parker, what he represents, how he acts in-suit and out, his supporting cast, and the life he lives help define Spider-Man just as much if not moreso than the costume, power, and villains do. Not to mention the relationship he has with his villains.

No matter how much different Mayday, Miguel, Miles, or even Gwen and Cindy may be as Spiders or characters, they're still taking cues and living up to the bar set by Peter Parker as Spider-Man.

How Marvel feels about this depends on when you ask, who you ask, and what they're currently pushing .