Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What make an X-men title and X-men title?

I know seem a pardoxal silly question but really, apart the title, and the adjectives, what does make an X-men title and X-men title?
    I always thought and I will always think Deadpool part of the X-men mythos but some people disagree about(that's their right...) and i wondered if there wer eosme criteria or list or standards that define an X-emn specific title

BANNED

A focus that is mostly and primarily on the X-Men, obv.

Quote Originally Posted by shootthej View Post
    A focus that is mostly and primarily on the X-Men, obv.
    YEah but what do you mean with "mostly". Consicering how elastic the definition of X-men had become over year(and it is a good thing in my opinion) we should also clear the range of the definition of "X-men"

BANNED

Team book
    Lots of female members that are not trophies and are not just there as love interests
    They win by upholding their principles instead of constantly going against them
    They use their super powers so no guns, those are for Punisher and GIJoe comics

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Team book
    Lots of female members that are not trophies and are not just there as love interests
    They win by upholding their principles instead of constantly going against them
    They use their super powers so no guns, those are for Punisher and GIJoe comics
    So a book about Cable would never be considered an x-book? That seems silly.

Really I thought the only thing you need to be an X-book is a primary focus on Mutants.

Mutants, if the cast is mostly mutants (like 90% or something), then it is an X-men title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

Really I thought the only thing you need to be an X-book is a primary focus on Mutants.
    X-Men died with Rob Liefeld's X-Force #1 as far as I am concerned. I consider everything that Spawned from X-Force a different franchise.

Cable secondary mutation is an innate ability to carry crazy ass guns and wear more pouches belt than anyone on planet!!! Pouches and guns was probably the name of his teenage garage band. I leave you to imagine what sort of band it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Mutants, if the cast is mostly mutants (like 90% or something), then it is an X-men title.
    Hmm 90% seem tad excessive. But yeah 60 to 90% mutants? yep seem an X-men title. Add some soap opera drama and you've a winner
    Also even the non-mutants should be oppressed or different than normal somehow.

BANNED

When the members are all "dark" with knives or gunz and infinite healing factor (because it's more "realistic") that's not an X-Book. NEVER!

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    When the members are all "dark" with knives or gunz and infinite healing factor (because it's more "realistic") that's not an X-Book. NEVER!
    Sooo Wolverine and Deadpool solo books are not X-books anymore? Maybe they're A-books now, or even I-books, or Hulk-books!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I consider all team book like Uncanny, ANAD, New Mutants, Legacy, X-Force, X-Factor etc as X books.

Solo titles as Wolverine, Storm, Cable, X23, Rogue, Magneto as well since they are members for more then a decade.

Others like Namor and Deadpool I consider them X-books when they are members of the X-Men.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

An X-Book to me has to be about either an X-Team or X-Characters (Whether they are from team, students from the school, staff or generally linked to their backstories in a meaningful way) or the book is about the mutant cause/people.

Deadpool a lot of the time can stay largely away from feeling like that, but I view him more like a the X-link with the MU. His backstory with Weapon plus counts enough for me and he was made an X-Man by this point in canon at least 3 times, so is hard not to consider his books X-Books nowadays. Is not like he's Squirrel Girl or Justice.

Uncanny Avengers would be a book that tried its hardest to be an X-Book but felt more like a different Book that used our things in an attempt to get our attention. Not sure what to say about the new one yet, but it sounds like it'll be more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    apart the title, and the adjectives, what does make an X-men title and X-men title?
    Purple robots, and the fighting against same.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't like this as I wouldn't mutant characters that have no association with the X-Men to be labelled an X-book. By definition if Cloak and Dagger get another book it would fall under X-Men.

BANNED

Do Wolverine and Deadpool's series focus on mutants? Really? They're not even on theme. Fantastic Four should be an X-Men book too, why not? They have a mutant.