Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I expect her to be at least similar to her basics. They couldn't warp her so much that her upbringing, her training and her mission would be completely deleted.
    None of those vague strokes makes her instantly more qualified. They just as easily make her qualified to be a general rather than leader of the JLA. I'm biasing my prediction for Superman leading off the implication that he'll be growing and developing as a public figure and hero from the first movie and interviews following it. I'm also biasing it off the idea presented in the first movie that explicitly sates that he'll "be the bridge between world". They could do something very clever and make it so the worlds have new meaning in that he'll be the bridge between humanity and super humanity aka a leader (this would contaminate as being leader of the JLa possibly)

As I said, Batman will have a full version of his mythos behind him, his fans are especulating which Robin will have died
    Superman's myth with be grown and created here in real time. I think that a cool idea. I also think it give a bit more validity to the idea that Superman is the throughline in the DCCU.

but I also think this Clark is the least qualified to lead of all versions.
    But you've seen him in one movie. How can you judge his qualifications off one outing? I don't think he can lead much of anything now but in time maybe. What I'm suggesting is that he build up to that role over all the movies in incitements. They want him to lead but he's not so sure he'd be ready. Then push comes to shove and the world needs him to so he leads to JLA in their darkest hour. Snyder made a really big deal about the idea of starting the DCCU with Superman so I'd like to see a great amount of pay off because of that.

Also I don't mean him leading as in leading the free world, but just the JLA and being the inspiration for other super humans to do go and intermingle with the world at large out in the open.

No, no, calm down, we just have personal preferences.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    None of those vague strokes makes her instantly more qualified. They just as easily make her qualified to be a general rather than leader of the JLA. I'm biasing my prediction for Superman leading off the implication that he'll be growing and developing as a public figure and hero from the first movie and interviews following it. I'm also biasing it off the idea presented in the first movie that explicitly sates that he'll "be the bridge between world". They could do something very clever and make it so the worlds have new meaning in that he'll be the bridge between humanity and super humanity aka a leader (this would contaminate as being leader of the JLa possibly)

Superman's myth with be grown and created here in real time. I think that a cool idea. I also think it give a bit more validity to the idea that Superman is the throughline in the DCCU.

But you've seen him in one movie. How can you judge his qualifications off one outing? I don't think he can lead much of anything now but in time maybe. What I'm suggesting is that he build up to that role over all the movies in incitements. They want him to lead but he's not so sure he'd be ready. Then push comes to shove and the world needs him to so he leads to JLA in their darkest hour. Snyder made a really big deal about the idea of starting the DCCU with Superman so I'd like to see a great amount of pay off because of that.

Also I don't mean him leading as in leading the free world, but just the JLA and being the inspiration for other super humans to do go and intermingle with the world at large out in the open.

I agree.
    Yeah, he's still got a lot to learn before he can lead the League. Personally, I prefer WW to take the lead - she's a skilled warrior, tactician and has super powers. Of course, it also depends on how they depict the other characters - especially WW and Batman. Batman is experienced and weary, so I expect him to be the more paranoid version of him...don't think that will work well as a leader.

I would love if they were to have official positions (The Chairperson for instance - like they had during JLA Vol 2, with BC as the leader).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

It seems like his rise to being the leader and true symbol of hope for humans and metas may be the backbone story behind the DCCU. Bruce is a grizzled veteran and from what we've heard Diana may be the one who initially brings the Justice League together. Both of them are gonna have to guide this very green Superman and help him realize his full potential. Aquaman and Atlantis may be pretty confrontational with the surface world at first, Cyborg is apparently the link between humans and meta humans, and Flash is still playing urban legend who hasn't "come out" yet.
    So it's possible Wonder Woman will unite them but it's gonna be up to Superman to lead and inspire.

And I guess Batman is gonna be the grumpy uncle.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It seems like his rise to being the leader and true symbol of hope for humans and metas may be the backbone story behind the DCCU. Bruce is a grizzled veteran and from what we've heard Diana may be the one who initially brings the Justice League together. Both of them are gonna have to guide this very green Superman and help him realize his full potential.
    That sounds really cool. It's like they hold the "throne" till he's ready to ascend to it and take him place. I'd be interested in that idea.

Also what has WB said about Wonder Woman that's made people think that she'll likely be the leader? I'll probably do a quick search later but could you point me in the right direction (link maybe)?

Cyborg is apparently the link between humans and meta humans, and Flash is still playing urban legend who hasn't "come out" yet.
    Also a link to this stuff too? I might be behind on my news for this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh I see then no. Frontier's idea was that Superman became an ideal that couldn't be broken even when his actual body was no longer there. His example was what allowed them to fight harder and better TOGETHER to win the day. I very much respected that idea even if it didn't showcase Superman physically. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of Superman falling (his death) and then becoming an ideal for the heroes to uphold that leads them to victory. Then my ideas for his rebirth could come about, sure. But I never said Wonder Woman should take his place just FYI.

What did you think about the rest of my post or the one after that?
    Pretty nice I suppose.

You guys think Superman will be hunted by what happened in MOS?

New trailer is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It seems like his rise to being the leader and true symbol of hope for humans and metas may be the backbone story behind the DCCU. Bruce is a grizzled veteran and from what we've heard Diana may be the one who initially brings the Justice League together.
    Yep, so far in MOS and the BvS trailer we've only seen one expression from Henry Cavill...depressed and worried.

That's not who Superman is...they need to get the character right quick. He should be the leader of Justice League without question.

What do you think of Martha Kents words?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What do you think of Martha Kents words?
    I was fine with them. I don't get the feeling that she is attempting to convince him to stop helping so much as ensuring that he makes his decisions for the right reasons. That he helps people because he wants to (as Superman should) rather than because he feels he owes them.