Incredible Member

Default Kryptonian DNA now readily available

With the current powered down version of Superman and his bleeding pretty much where ever he goes, Kryptonian DNA is now readily available for collection. I wonder if this will be addressed in the future.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nope, not really as far as we know

Incredible Member

Machine could be on the fritz, or being controlled by someone else (Xa-Du?).

In the post-crisis time, used to be that it was sort of a established thing that It Wasn't Easy to Clone a Kryptonian. Before they retconned Superboy into a half-k clone, at best what you got was a Bizarro, althrough Simian and Mokkari managed to make a kryptonite-emiting Superman clone once. Only one who aparently got it was Hank Henshaw, Cyborg-Superman was essentially a Kal-El clone with cybernetics over it (and I presume a cybernetic or fully computer brain), but he had Supes' birthing matrix. Then there was Kaleb, but I don't remember right now if he was a kryptonian-like clone or one of Superman's future descendants- he appeared like twice in the late nineties.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Machine could be on the fritz, or being controlled by someone else (Xa-Du?).

In the post-crisis time, used to be that it was sort of a established thing that It Wasn't Easy to Clone a Kryptonian. Before they retconned Superboy into a half-k clone, at best what you got was a Bizarro, althrough Simian and Mokkari managed to make a kryptonite-emiting Superman clone once. Only one who aparently got it was Hank Henshaw, Cyborg-Superman was essentially a Kal-El clone with cybernetics over it (and I presume a cybernetic or fully computer brain), but he had Supes' birthing matrix. Then there was Kaleb, but I don't remember right now if he was a kryptonian-like clone or one of Superman's future descendants- he appeared like twice in the late nineties.
    I imagine it is still tough in current continuity, seeing how it takes 10 years for a proper clone of Kal to be fully functional (see b-zero from FOREVER EVIL)....and also the fact Kon-El is now not a clone of Kal again but instead a clone of his half human alternate timeline son.

If his genetics really are being screwed with, I'd imagine that blood is worthless from the POV of recreating a true-to-form Kryptonian. But of course that's the big question. Is there something truly altered in him at the biological level or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If his genetics really are being screwed with, I'd imagine that blood is worthless from the POV of recreating a true-to-form Kryptonian. But of course that's the big question. Is there something truly altered in him at the biological level or not.
    Yeah, that's kind of the question. Although I guess even his altered DNA woud be worth something. I mean, an army of clones as tough as Truth Superman wuld still be pretty useful.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

I could see this as a storyline in far future.

Fantastic Member

I doubt any of the current teams have plans for this, but that bit from Action Comics leaves future creators options either way for using or being able to ignore it.