Thread: Ultimate End #3

Spectacular Member

Default Ultimate End #3

So...this was a confusing issue to me.

- With Hulk's "normal" mode being the "Doc Green" character, I didn't know that he then can get mad and turn in to the actual Hulk? And when he reverts back, why did he revert back to Bruce Banner and not to Doc Green?

- I really couldn't be more confused with the Punisher death page...what are we supposed to think happened there? The artwork and sequence seems mixed up...poor pictoral storytelling to me. One Punisher kills the other Punisher. And one was hit with a bullet in the ear? And then what is going in that last panel?

The last panel was a missile coming at the Iron Man Armor.

The Punisher killed, was 616 Frank Castle.

As far as Doc Green being the normal state of Banner, yeah, he did lose the beard when he got angry and fought Grey, but when he was captured, he wasn't Doc Green anymore. He was Banner all of a sudden. Good pick up. I wonder what happened to grey Hulk?

The Punisher, if he could shoot a super powered-up Wrecking Crew with bullets, then he has Nick Fury gamma bullets and he is doing the job of the Unseen. If that's what Bendis is telling us here, Bendis could be getting the Punisher to kill most, if not all, the Manhattan super heroes in this Domain, in a sort of alternative version of Original Sin, where that Nick Fury shoots the FF and all other supers that show up. In this way, Bendis replaces Winter Soldier with 1610 Punisher as the Unseen in NuMarvel. Man that would be something. Having to look over your shoulder all your life for a crazy Frank Castle trying to shoot any supers. That's a book I'd like to get.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-05-2015 at 06:09 PM.

The book is a mess and there's no saving it.

BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO SAVE BOMBSHELL!!!!

Bombshell is already dead. Boom. Bye bye.

As for the plot holes, Bendis said there's an in-story reason behind it which I assume is related to the fact that everyone seems to believe a completely alternate version of what actually happened to merge the two worlds together.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Bombshell is already dead. Boom. Bye bye.
    Now you cut that out!!!

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the replies & insights all.

But that Punisher page is still getting me. The second to last panel, why are BOTH Punishers now laid out on the ground? It's not that Ultimate Punisher is on the ground because he is in pain from being shot in the ear, because the panel prior has him in fine condition (so I guess the bullet actually passed him and didn't hit his ear).

And then in that last panel...is that supposed to be indicating a reaction of the two Punshers merging, now that one is dead?

I took it to mean the pain he felt at realising what a mess it had become because he didn't kill super humans and that's why he collapsed on the floor. The last panel is more anguish at this realisation, and that he'd have to kill them all from now on, not any merging.

I was just distracted by the incredibly forced Banner-Christ-on-the-cross imagery. I...why is it even there? I don't think the metaphor even fits!