Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

1. Black Magick
    2. Monstress
    3. The Walking Dead

And I'll buy the Maestros TPB as soon as it's available!

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Really difficult to pick just three, since there are multiple quality Image books. But I would go with:

Seven to Eternity
    Monstress
    Black Magick

Not my absolute top 3 (Lazarus, Kill or be Killed, East of West), but three recent books that I'm loving that I never see get mentioned are Sleepless, Red Lands and Dark Fang.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Not my absolute top 3 (Lazarus, Kill or be Killed, East of West), but three recent books that I'm loving that I never see get mentioned are Sleepless, Red Lands and Dark Fang.
    Sleepless is proving to be an interesting book. One of the staff at my LCS recommended it; and I'm glad they did.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Astonishing Member

There are always books that are good reads or outright fantastic, but never mentioned anywhere. Planetoid and Planetoid Praxis are an example of it. What a great series it was.

Crosswind
    Curse Words
    Violent Love
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Cliche but...
    Spawn, Invincible, Walking Dead

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I'm still guardedly optimistic about Sleepless, but I *LOVE* Dark Fang. I feel like it's doing a vampire story I've never seen before. I enjoy how it hints at points at being a T&A or hyper-violent comic, yet both aspects are diffused by the cartoon-influenced artwork. Totally delightful.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Ice Cream Man
    Twisted Romance
    Motor Crush
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Ice Cream Man
    Twisted Romance
    Motor Crush
    Twisted Romance was a terrific experiment - I *loved* two of the stories, liked one, and really didn't care for another. I'd totally be in for more heavily-curated Anthologies like that one.

Ice Cream Man #2 was so different than #1! I'm eager to see what the ongoing theme will be (other than, you know, The Ice Cream Man).
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I binge read Saga over the last few days, so I now have a top 3.

1. I Hate Fairyland
    2. Saga
    3. The Walking Dead
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

update february 2020

Die
    Gideon Falls
    Stray Bullets
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    1) East of West Hickman brilliance at world building is why I want him to run GL and LSH for DC. Might be my favorite read
    2) Walking Dead
    3) Autumnlands Tooth & Claw
    That was back in 2016, now I guess still East of West which just ended and Monstress which I didn't know about then but love now.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

That Texas Blood & Adventureman are only one issue in and I’m already eyeing them up for taking two of these top spots.