Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Just based on the stuff that is generally running, even if it's with irregular schedules....

1. Casanova (way behind on this, but it's the best book Image has ever published, in my opinion)
    2. East of West
    3. Saga

Saga
    Sex Criminals
    Lazarus

I haven't found an Image comics I didnt like.

Casanova for sure! Acedia has been incredible! Really looking forward to the 4th issue next week.

Just an aside here has anyone here read Stray Bullets? Yes I am bias, but I truly believe many are missing out on a great series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    Just an aside here has anyone here read Stray Bullets? Yes I am bias, but I truly believe many are missing out on a great series.
    Stray Bullets is my favourite book currently in print and second favourite book of all time, behind Preacher. David Lapham's storytelling abilities are second-to-none.

1. Southern Bastards
    2. The Fade-Out
    3. East of West

Astonishing Member

East Of West. Hickman brilliance and the ridiculous growth of Nick Dragotta as an artist.

Southern Bastard. Like a punch in the gut every single time. Its a book I have to get in trade because I have to devour it in huge portions.

Jupiter Circle/Legacy. It doesnt feel like deconstruction, it just feels like a tale about PEOPLE getting power. You could take the capes right out of it, and the story would barely change.

Amazing Member

My favorite three series are probably Descender, Injection, and then a tie for a bunch of titles at 3. Wytches, plutona, all three Remender titles. Right now id say Pluton or Low as my third favorite image book. Saga and Fade Out are close as well.

Seems like im missing out on some good titles. I only read first couple issues of Southern Basterds and it didnt really do it for me. Also Casanova seems to get a lot of Praise. Image has Papergirls coming out soon too so thatll be another to add to the pull list.

All-New Member

by far Velvet is the most consistent series on image right now
    East of West is decent but slightly tired and predictable
    Black Science started strong but petered out for me and i stopped after issue 12
    Low was terrible and I stopped after issue 6 ( if you're wondering why i keep buying remender it's partly due to the great artists he pairs with)
    Wolf was a huge let down, terrible characters and story telling ( I had super high hopes for this because Dead Drop was so good)
    Head Lopper is pure genius but it's a quarterly
    We stand on Guard was very mediocre like a bad syfy channel movie
    The Dead and the Dying has a lot of promise
    Nameless was pretty good
    Supreme Blue Rose...warren ellis doing grant morrison...but the art was amazing....
    Lazarus is good but not great
    The Fade Out is surprisingly great
    Descender is just too stereotypical and some bad story telling
    Drifter started great but again I got lost after issue 2, the art was excellent though

1. Injection
    2. Lazarus
    3. Saga

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythewolf View Post
    by far Velvet is the most consistent series on image right now
    East of West is decent but slightly tired and predictable
    Black Science started strong but petered out for me and i stopped after issue 12
    Low was terrible and I stopped after issue 6 ( if you're wondering why i keep buying remender it's partly due to the great artists he pairs with)
    Wolf was a huge let down, terrible characters and story telling ( I had super high hopes for this because Dead Drop was so good)
    Head Lopper is pure genius but it's a quarterly
    We stand on Guard was very mediocre like a bad syfy channel movie
    The Dead and the Dying has a lot of promise
    Nameless was pretty good
    Supreme Blue Rose...warren ellis doing grant morrison...but the art was amazing....
    Lazarus is good but not great
    The Fade Out is surprisingly great
    Descender is just too stereotypical and some bad story telling
    Drifter started great but again I got lost after issue 2, the art was excellent though
    Jeez, what do you like? Besides Velvet (which is indeed excellent) and the "surprisingly" (???) great The Fade Out, I mean.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

1. Lazarus
    2. Wayward
    3. Nailbiter
    Honorable Mention: Alex + Ada

I love a lot of other Image books, but at the moment there's nothing I tear through or want to re-read as much as that group. I would have said Manhattan Projects before Vol. 5, but it's meandering a bit.

I am heartened by how many of you have Lazarus on your lists. What a blockbuster.
    Last edited by krisis; 09-20-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

1. Stray Bullets
    2. Lazarus
    3. Saga

Honorable mentions: Rat Queens, Copperhead, Birthright, Nailbiter, Spread, Manifest Destiny
    Love me some Image.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 09-20-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I am heartened by how many of you have Lazarus on your lists.
    Whereas I have no idea what people see in that book. It's (mostly, I guess) competently made and all, but yuck!
    Last edited by Joker; 09-20-2015 at 06:20 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Jeez, what do you like? Besides Velvet (which is indeed excellent) and the "surprisingly" (???) great The Fade Out, I mean.
    haha...well I give anything a chance it's just you know most of anything is crap, we just got to find that 10% that is actually good. Fade Out was surprisingly great for me because I didn't think some 1940's Hollywood backlot story would be this interesting and good...

I like 8House but liked the first 2 issues more than the shift in story and creators in issue 3.
    I liked The Roche Limit as well...the first section of it was actually good, but when it changed to Roche Limit Clandestiny...despite it's initial promise...turned out to be a bad Aliens rip off....

I'm curious to see what ,in like 5 years, we'll look back on as the definitive timeless books of this period in image comics.