View Poll Results: Who's Your Favourite Batgirl?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Gordon

119 38.89%
  • Cassandra Cain

104 33.99%
  • Stephanie Brown

70 22.88%
  • Helena Bertinelli

5 1.63%
  • Bette Kane

8 2.61%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yes, it is most definitely
    I heard it gets too drawn out and lasts for longer than it should. Is it boring or will it appeal to all Batman fans?

Barbara Gordon! Specially the current run in Burnside.

BANNED

I love me some Babs, but it's Cass by a extremely wide margin.

Definitely Barbara Gordon. Have always loved her since her debut, and I am absolutely loving her Batgirl solo series right now.

Cass was a great Batgirl too, but I just love Gordon more, and she does have seniority over the title. Stephanie is great, but she is way better as the Spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Definitely Barbara Gordon. Have always loved her since her debut, . . .
    So, I'm guessing you're in you fifties (or older)?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Oh god no! My first experience reading about her was that issue after I saw her on the animated series.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Cass. I feel she brings somethings to the mantle that the others don't. The whole fact that she couldn't speak well meant that she had to be a purely visual character which is hard to do with a primary character but is very interesting none the less. Then I feel she had the coolest costume to.

I love Cassandra Cain but the Batgirl mantle never really felt right for her IMO. I prefer her developing her own identity, like Black Bat.

My Batgirl will always be Babs, especially the current run and how it's taking elements from my favorite interpretations of her: Batman '66, The Animated Series and Year One.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I love Cassandra Cain but the Batgirl mantle never really felt right for her IMO. I prefer her developing her own identity, like Black Bat.

My Batgirl will always be Babs, especially the current run and how it's taking elements from my favorite interpretations of her: Batman '66, The Animated Series and Year One.
    Yeah I like when heroes get their own unique identity. I liked seeing Cass and Steph going down their own paths as the Black Bat and Spoiler. Makes them much more unique imo like it did with Dick and Jason Todd as Nightwing and Red Hood.

What did you like about Babs in the Batman '66 though?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Definitely Barbara Gordon. Have always loved her since her debut,

Oh god no! My first experience reading about her was that issue after I saw her on the animated series.
    So, that's not really "since her debut" then.

Also, your "Oh god no!" almost sounds like your offended by possibly being considered old enough to have read Barbara as Batgirl since back in the 1960s?

Or are you assuming nobody here would be that old?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Barbara Gordon! Specially the current run in Burnside.
    Pretty much this Batgirl of Burnside is seriously one of the best comics published in the last ten years.

Cassandra Cain, the later Black Bat, then Barbara Gordon
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Small sample size and all that, but comparing this poll to the last "Favorite Batgirl" poll I remember from this board (immediately after the New 52 was announced) is interesting. Back then, Steph and Cass were neck-and-neck, with Barbara a semi-distant third. What a difference a few years (and committed cross-line promotion) makes.

Like it or not (and there are plenty in each camp), DC wanted one "definitive" Batgirl, they went about it calculatedly (frequent Babs guest appearances in other books, selective continuity adjustment, keeping Stephanie and Cassandra away for a few years), and -- again, small sample size acknowledged -- data like this suggests their strategy worked exactly as desired. Some may like that and some may not, but objectively speaking, they achieved exactly what they set out to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Small sample size and all that, but comparing this poll to the last "Favorite Batgirl" poll I remember from this board (immediately after the New 52 was announced) is interesting. Back then, Steph and Cass were neck-and-neck, with Barbara a semi-distant third. What a difference a few years (and committed cross-line promotion) makes.

Like it or not (and there are plenty in each camp), DC wanted one "definitive" Batgirl, they went about it calculatedly (frequent Babs guest appearances in other books, selective continuity adjustment, keeping Stephanie and Cassandra away for a few years), and -- again, small sample size acknowledged -- data like this suggests their strategy worked exactly as desired. Some may like that and some may not, but objectively speaking, they achieved exactly what they set out to do.
    Indeed it was a rather skilled play on the part of DC. On a side note too bad Marvel couldn't do the same with the original Venom, but I digress....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Definitely Barbara Gordon! Just not the Burnside version.