View Poll Results: Who's Your Favourite Batgirl?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barbara Gordon

119 38.89%
  • Cassandra Cain

104 33.99%
  • Stephanie Brown

70 22.88%
  • Helena Bertinelli

5 1.63%
  • Bette Kane

8 2.61%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

1. Stephanie Brown (I just love her so much).
    2. Cassandra Cain (a close second).
    3. Barbara Gordon (much prefer her as Oracle).
    4. Helena Bertinelli (she was Batgirl for like five minutes. I know her as Huntress).
    5. Bette Kane (never actually read anything with her as Batgirl honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yeah I like when heroes get their own unique identity. I liked seeing Cass and Steph going down their own paths as the Black Bat and Spoiler. Makes them much more unique imo like it did with Dick and Jason Todd as Nightwing and Red Hood.

What did you like about Babs in the Batman '66 though?
    I like how she represents one of the earlier occasions of female heroes shown as equal to the men, and Yvonne Craig was really cool.

But to be honest it's mostly the outfit and the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    My heart goes with

but I also have fondness for
    My feelings exactly.
    Bette is great as Bat-Girl and Flamebird IMO.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm going with Cassandra Cain mainly because I prefer Barbara as Oracle otherwise I would have picked babs
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Babs and it's not even close.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I like them all, but Babs was my first and will always be.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I love Cassandra Cain but the Batgirl mantle never really felt right for her IMO. I prefer her developing her own identity, like Black Bat.

My Batgirl will always be Babs, especially the current run and how it's taking elements from my favorite interpretations of her: Batman '66, The Animated Series and Year One.
    I see what you mean but Cass's Batgirl has to be the most unique. Her costume just looked freaking awesome and the fact that she was an assassin made her different from the others. The way I see it is Cass was more likable by the male audience, Barbara by the female adult audience and Stephanie by the teenage female audience.

tanochans

Cass or Steph. I came to know and love Babs as Oracle and I will never accept her as anything else. She will always be Oracle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Cass Cain. I think she's the most interesting character of the three, and she also has the most potential to stand on her own outside the usual Bat-trappings.

Nothing more to add to this.

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedAliGHZ View Post
    I see what you mean but Cass's Batgirl has to be the most unique. Her costume just looked freaking awesome and the fact that she was an assassin made her different from the others. The way I see it is Cass was more likable by the male audience, Barbara by the female adult audience and Stephanie by the teenage female audience.
    I agree Cass has the most unique costume, abilities and backstory. I just don't think the name Batgirl fits her character like it does Barbara or Stephanie. That's why I prefer Black Bat for her or just let her be Cassandra Cain, because that is one badass name too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Small sample size and all that, but comparing this poll to the last "Favorite Batgirl" poll I remember from this board (immediately after the New 52 was announced) is interesting. Back then, Steph and Cass were neck-and-neck, with Barbara a semi-distant third. What a difference a few years (and committed cross-line promotion) makes.

Like it or not (and there are plenty in each camp), DC wanted one "definitive" Batgirl, they went about it calculatedly (frequent Babs guest appearances in other books, selective continuity adjustment, keeping Stephanie and Cassandra away for a few years), and -- again, small sample size acknowledged -- data like this suggests their strategy worked exactly as desired. Some may like that and some may not, but objectively speaking, they achieved exactly what they set out to do.
    Reminds me of what happened to Tim Drake. Five years ago, the average comic fan would insist that Tim was "their" Robin. And now...

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Unfortunately I haven't read the main comics of Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, Helena Bertinelli, and Bette Kane as Batgirl or otherwise.
    I like Cassandra's Batgirl costume, but it seems more of a female Batman costume than a Batgirl costume, if that makes sense. It looks too dark to be a Batgirl costume, and more fitting for a Batman costume. She calls herself Black Bat later on from what I've read about her, which I feel is a better name of choice for her character and costume design.

I'm planning on buying the weekly Batman & Robin Eternal this October, and I hope it will be a good introduction to Cassandra Cain for new readers of the character.

I'm mostly familiar with Barbara Gordon as Batgirl through Batman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, and Young Justice. Besides her animated appearances, I'm enjoying the current Batgirl run starting with #35, so I'd have to say my favorite Batgirl is Barbara Gordon.

I'd like to read Stephanie Brown's run as Spoiler, Robin, and Batgirl sometime though, but I think most of her collections are out of print.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

No-Contest. Cassandra Cain.

Favorite Heroine

Character, story, costume, strengths, and struggles. I read her books religiously

Cass'costume was ripped off from the Huntress' Batgirl costume. I think Batman took it off her and gave it to Cass

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Cass'costume was ripped off from the Huntress' Batgirl costume. I think Batman took it off her and gave it to Cass
    Yeah, I don't think people remember that bit. If people like Cass for the costume, it wasn't even her costume to begin with.