Firestorm - Gerry Conway
    Katana: Cult of the Kobra - Mike W. Barr
    Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death - Amy Chu
    Metamorpho - Aaron Lopresti
    Sugar & Spike - Keith Giffen

Im in for Raven, Firestorm, Katana and Ivy
    Last edited by Airtrap; 07-06-2015 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Forgot Metal Men

BANNED

Please tell me Kelley Jones is also drawing the Swamp Thing, he's atleast doing the cover. Katana: Cult of the Kobra alongside Swampy has my full attention.

You forgot Metal Men (so, that's 8 new mini-series!).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    You forgot Metal Men (so, that's 8 new mini-series!).
    Added it thanks for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    Added it thanks for letting me know
    No problem. Excited for Swamp Thing, Metal Men, Katana and Poison Ivy!
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Interesting to see DC getting back into the mini-series business. I guess that makes sense. I feel like many readers didn't like minis because they weren't "important" but now that continuity is being made less of a priority, fewer things are "important" anyway. So in the environment, minis might do better.

Only other odd thing is that if these are for early 2016, there should be the stuff coming in like October to talk about. Unless this is the October stuff and it's being pushed back.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm holding back any excitement for Wolfman on Raven. I didn't like last Raven mini he did. The one that was promoted as a emo series.

Hmm have to see more but i'm in for most of the them. Will read some while they're going (firestorm, Katana, Metamorpho) and wait for others to complete their runs.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like convergence was successful enough where they are going to try mini series for several different books and whichever works well for fans, they'll relaunch as a actual comics. I believe there were rumors some convergence series will be announced as actual ongoings this week, so this new mini series announcement makes sense.

THAT BEING SAID, why is Swamp Thing and Metal Men needing this treatment? Geoff Johns just gave the metal men a great reintroduction and Swamp Thing just had 2 great runs with Scott Snyder and Charles Soule. I don't see the need to reintroduce either.

I can understand all of the other characters on the list though. And I hope that with Raven on that list, that means they are ending the current Teen Titans run soon.

Also, good on the Poison Ivy fans finally getting their due, now you better buy that book!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Interesting to see DC getting back into the mini-series business. I guess that makes sense. I feel like many readers didn't like minis because they weren't "important" but now that continuity is being made less of a priority, fewer things are "important" anyway. So in the environment, minis might do better.

Only other odd thing is that if these are for early 2016, there should be the stuff coming in like October to talk about. Unless this is the October stuff and it's being pushed back.
    They are just announcing these because Comic Con week I believe.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm looking at Metal Men and Katana for certain but I'm less certain about Raven. I didn't like Wolfman's last Raven mini.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Excited for the Poison Ivy mini! Hope this leads into an ongoing. I may be the only one, but I am sad to see her new52 costume go. I liked it haha. Hope we get more info at SDCC. Can't wait to go and ask some questions!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I'm curious about Swamp Thing. I wonder if Len Wein hates or respects the direction Moore took his character. Hopefully he doesn't try to take Swampie back to basics and make it no longer feel like an acid trip.

That colourful "comet" on the corner of Katana's cover suggests that maybe Halo is comming to the New DCU. The series is by Barr, and introduces the Kobra cult, a recurring enemy of a team Barr once created aand wrote. Metamorpho will also finaally get the spotlight, insteaad of Element Woman (which I enjoy. I'm just a bigger fan of Rex). Could the Outsiders be far behind?
    Katana, Metamorpho, and Metal Men are the ones that intrest me the most.

Peace

The article says they want to "freshen up and contemporize" these characters.........so how will they do that when most of the writers for these books are waaaaaay past their prime? Freshening up and contemporizing probably won't happen much here. I'm betting they'll mostly read outdated, with maybe two exceptions that I can see.

"When I go to comic conventions it thrills me to see all the young fans cosplaying as Raven from the Teen Titans GO! cartoon show," Wolfman says. "Because so many comic fans are boys, it's wonderful that there's something about her that connects with both girls and boys."
    Is Wolfman for real? No one cosplays as TTGo Raven or any other character, its the original TV series characters that they are cosplaying as.