Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sabra, Purple Girl, Nikki (GotG)...

Porcupine, The Unicorn (both with their original costumes), Screaming Mimi (but not Songbird), Stiltman, the original Cat (but not Hellcat).
    I don't recollect reading any good stories that had them in them but they always intrigued me.
    Well Mimi was part of the Masters of Evil for a minute but she didn't do much except look cool.
    I've always liked Man-Thing because of his look also.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarahardy View Post
    With Nick Spencer on writing, I loved Stingrays appearance in Avengers World.
    I felt cold towards Spencers depiction of Stingray. He came across desperate even though he was a Marine Biologist first and super hero second he was never the type to beg for usefulness.

BANNED

Big Hero 6

New Warriors

Slingers

Last edited by Sansomon; 07-10-2015 at 11:37 AM.

There's so many under used characters that I love... I'd probably break the forum listing them!
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'm gonna go with Malekith. I'm not sure why I like him, and I never really knew this character even existed... but he was the character I found the most interesting in Jane Foster's first Thor comic series.

Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    New Warriors

Slingers

Pleanty of reasons to like these, IMHO.

Peace

The Scarecrow/Straw Man: I think he's made maybe 5 appearances in 40 years but I've always liked him.

I'm sure I can think of a reason why I like these characters, but here goes:

The Sentry
    Angela
    Gladiator (Shi'ar)
    Xavin
    Karolina Dean/Lucy in the Sky
    Victor Mancha
    Warbird (Shi'ar)
    Black Cat
    Silver Sable
    Firelord
    The Vision
    Crossbone
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I'm gonna go with Malekith. I'm not sure why I like him, and I never really knew this character even existed... but he was the character I found the most interesting in Jane Foster's first Thor comic series.
    Did you read Walt Simonson's THOR?

Chamber. I loved him from the second I saw him. Just an awesome visual. I know he was big in the 90's with Gen X and all, but first they destroyed the awesome visual after M Day, and now he's (somehow...?) back to normal been reduced to background cameos if he' lucky lately, and it makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Chamber. I loved him from the second I saw him. Just an awesome visual. I know he was big in the 90's with Gen X and all, but first they destroyed the awesome visual after M Day, and now he's (somehow...?) back to normal been reduced to background cameos if he' lucky lately, and it makes me sad.
    That would be because of "Age of X" that he got his powers back. (A concept I don't entirely understand; Legion rewrote history - you know, yet again - and changed things - but when things were "restored" almost everything went back to the way it was - except, for example Chamber now having his powers back). Now granted, this may be because the writer disliked Chamber losing his powers because of House of M, and this was their way of restoring, which I am cool with.

I think the last I remember of Chamber, he was a teacher in - UGH - Wolverine and the X-Men. (Someone shoot me now...)

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Did you read Walt Simonson's THOR?
    I have not, but the reviews and descriptions on Amazon look interesting.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I have not, but the reviews and descriptions on Amazon look interesting.
    I can not put into words how good Walt Simonson's THOR was (and plenty of it featured Malekith - pretty much being a bad arse villain!)

I'd say, without even a moment's doubt, that Walt Simonson's THOR is the _definitive_ THOR run that is a MUST!

Kymellians and Snarks; along with Power Pack in general. Freaking space ponies, and space lizards!

The young girl-child in me that grew up on them still love them to death, even with their Saturday Morning Cartoon looks and names.

Especially the Kymellian take on the Fantastic Four, complete with subtle sexism to the mare in the group (who turned out to be the most powerful). The Kymellian-expy of Reed was also a dick, go figure.
    Last edited by Byakko; 09-17-2015 at 12:14 AM.