Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Kymellians and Snarks; along with Power Pack in general. Freaking space ponies, and space lizards!
    I actually LIKED the original POWER PACK series back in the day.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I actually LIKED the original POWER PACK series back in the day.
    Ditto. I wish modern Marvel had a tween series like Power Pack for the young readers, that's why I'm supporting Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur because it looks like that.

And the original series had some great stories. The Boogie-Man storyline during the Inferno event is still one of the scariest villains and situations I've ever seen in any Marvel comic.

Lila Cheney, I think I've read here in like 5 books ever. Think she's just 80s all over though, awesome.

BANNED

Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski)

Beak (Tito Bohusk Jr)

Beast (Hank McCoy)

What is now a bestial character like The Beast from X-Men in the comics? Nothing. Simply official punching bag of any super-team. Today one man or woman, beast are always the first to be humiliated in any story are always the first to take some knockout for the telepath or telekinetic, to take a hundred punches a snap of some super-speedster, to be roasted by superheroes or supervillains with energetic powers, to be swallowed alive by shapeshifters, to be thrown into orbit by teleporters, to take humiliating beatings of super-humans with super strength, super-agility, and reflexes superhuman,super senses animals hyper acute, claws and fangs hyper-sharp, super-human all-powerful like Thor, Hulk, Superman, Martian Manhunter and the obvious choice when "is to kill someone" in some super-team. Finished up all respect, value, and relevance that characters equal , The Beast had, which is regrettable because there was a time when superheroes equal the Beast were indispensable. Today? No more. Have their real excellence infallible killer of Phoenix Entities Iron Man. For that we need one Beast, one Sasquatch, one Wolfsbane?
    Last edited by Sansomon; 09-19-2015 at 06:52 AM.

I agree with Nightmask/Starbrand, and Forge. Ill also add:

Omega Red

And some characters from the Ennis Punisher Run:

Kathryn O'Brien

Yorkie Mitchell

Last edited by Emcee; 09-17-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Also, Maverick:

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I can not put into words how good Walt Simonson's THOR was (and plenty of it featured Malekith - pretty much being a bad arse villain!)

I'd say, without even a moment's doubt, that Walt Simonson's THOR is the _definitive_ THOR run that is a MUST!
    Well, I'll make Walt Simonson's Thor run a priority Marvel purchase then! I am interested in seeing more Odinson and Malekith after reading the 8-issue Jane Foster Thor run.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Solo_001.jpg

Solo

I first saw him in Spider-Man and just had a cool look to him. I can't remember reading anyting on him outside of Spidey.

1-1.jpg

The Tarantula

Another character, which had a really cool look. I only recently read a few comics with him in it, but I just liked his look a whole lot when I saw him. Reminded me of a Spider-Man/Zorro of sorts with some funky boots.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Kymellians and Snarks; along with Power Pack in general. Freaking space ponies, and space lizards!

The young girl-child in me that grew up on them still love them to death, even with their Saturday Morning Cartoon looks and names.

Especially the Kymellian take on the Fantastic Four, complete with subtle sexism to the mare in the group (who turned out to be the most powerful). The Kymellian-expy of Reed was also a dick, go figure.
    Aaaah, yes.......the Kymellian Team known as FORCE FOUR, that made their appearances within POWER PACK #50-52.

BANNED

Alpha Flight

Excalibur

Exiles

Last edited by Sansomon; 09-17-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    X-Men 2099

A-Next

Love 'em. Specially A-Next. A truley fun Avengers book.

Peace

Americop:

When he told some guy "you have a right to remain silent...Forever!" and shot him I thought it was hilarious.

BANNED

ClanDestine

Woodgod

I decided to make a artwork of Woodgod because no one wants to draw him and it hurts me to remember that that psychopath Red Hulk nearly killed him and gave him a beating, pitiful, he came to leave him disfigured ... I remember the story he and the Hulk fought (read as a child in the days of comic books in small format of Editora Abril ... was one of the first superhero comics I've read in a time when I thought that there was no difference between Marvel Comics and DC Comics and the world of "Super Friends" was exactly the same as Spider-Man and Non-animated cartoons, Captain America, The Mighty Thor, Hulk, Iron-Man, Namor the Sub-Mariner, and , the "Fantastic Four", and in my innocence, they all knew each other and belong to the same universe ...) in which he faced the Hulk in absolute equality of conditions and tore the webs Peter Parker as if they were strings . That story had the Woodgod enough to stand on equal footing with the Wild Green Hulk that the more nervous becomes more powerful and gets hit him high power punches. But apparently now it means nothing to Mr. Joe Quesada and his Red Hulk able to hit a punch in the face of The Watcher (like "punch a cosmic entity" to the point of leaving her with a black eye was something so trivial?). But to me it makes all the difference in the world and therefore I want to honor this character since nobody cares about him enough to draw he. I care ... so this is my tribute to Woodgod ...

Peter Jr Son of Colossus

Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin Jr. is, most likely, the son of the X-man known as Colossus.

History
    When X-Man Colossus was on a mission with the X-men in the Savage Land, he became romantically involved with a native women from the Savage Land, named Nereel. After Colossus left the Savage land, he didn't see Nereel for quite sometime, until another mission brought the X-men back to the Savage Land and reunited Colossus with Nereel. She hadn't forgotten Colossus and introduced him to her son whom, unbeknownst to Peter, was also named Peter. Although it is never actually proven, it was hinted that Peter Jr. was the child that came from the relationship that Colossus had with Nereel, thus making him the father.

Powers
    Kid Colossus's powers are slightly different from his Father. Unlike Colossus that turns into organic steel making super strength and invulnerability Peter Jr can expand the density of the body mass of your body thousands of times making it as dense as steel and in the process of increasing size to gigantic proportions becoming enormously strong and invulnerable in the process. In short he basically has the same powers of DC Comics' Atom Smasher with the difference that can go into berserker rage and thus multiply by 10 its strength and destructive power and that unlike the Father he received training from Barbarian Clan Leaders Savage Land being trained to fight without moral restraints and using lethal force if necessary. He is on par with other mutant super-strong, Omega level as his Father, Rogue, Rockslide, Warpath, Strong Guy, etc when he uses his powers to increase the density of your body that takes on a metallic golden hue. Peter is not a "punk" but uses his mohawk hair cut in the tradition of barbarian warriors of Savage Land

Peculiarities : Peter Jr. was raised by a Belgian missionary who taught him much of what we know about the culture of people from outside the Savage Land, but while his father routinely uses words in Russian he had used words in Belgium.

Peter Jr. is a lover of heavy metal rock music and want to ever come to a famous rock band as a guitarist but in the future time-line from X-men: The End mini-series (Earth- 41001), he he is married and has one son Pavel Rasputin who has the same mutant powers, his grandfather Colossus

Status
    Physical Characteristics

Height: 6‘3“ human form), 19‘4“ (in giant form)
    Weight: 240 lbs. (human form), 1450 lbs. (in giant form)
    Eyes: Green Hair: Black

Citizenship: Savage land
    Place of Birth: unknown

Known Relatives:

Grigori Rasputin (possible great great grandfather, deceased), Nikolai Rasputin ( possible grandfather, deceased), Alexandra Rasputin (possible grandmother, deceased),
    Vladimir Rasputin (possible granduncle, deceased), Mikhail Rasputin (possible uncle), Illyana Nikolaievna Rasputin (Magik) (possible aunt),
    Nereel (mother), Piotr Rasputin/ Colossus (father), Anya Rasputin (possible {alternate reality} step-sister)
    Shadowcat (possible {alternate reality} step-mother)
    Pavel Rasputin (son)

Note : Shortly after it was created and officially presented to readers on an adventure of the X-Men Peter Jr, his mother and all his warriors from the tribe of Savage Land were mercilessly killed by the insane uncle Peter Jr and also brother of X-Men Colossus Mikhail Rasputin one of the most absolutely stupid editorial decisions of Marvel Comics. Peter Jr did not even have chance to be properly exploited as a character and have potential use. No sooner Marvel Comics created and have already decided to kill him what was one of the wastes of a most absurd character I've ever seen! Peter Jr almost was not created to die what is nonsense in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sansomon; 09-19-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Peter Jr Son of Colossus
    Did this character ever actually appear in comics?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!