Super Moderator

Default Dynamite Entertainment And Atari Join Forces For New Comic Projects

A new deal will see Dynamite creating new comics and graphic novels based on Atari properties as well as reprint old stories.

Full article here.

Does that include the DC Atari Force creations?

And will they get Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway and George Pérez back to continue the SWORDQUEST series? ...Continuing to Airworld?

Last edited by Güicho; 07-06-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

It looks like it does include all of Atari Force!

In addition to the hardcover retrospective art book, Dynamite has plans to create new comics based on a select list of Atari properties that help reimagine games with new story and art from some of today's best creators. The list includes Asteroids®, Centipede®, Crystal Castles®, Missile Command®, Tempest®, Yar's Revenge®, and more. Dynamite also plans to reprint existing comics material, such as the Atari Force comics that were originally published from 1982-1986 and featured well known and impressive talent such as Gerry Conway, Roy Thomas, Ross Andru, Gil Kane, Dick Giordano, Mike DeCarlo, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Eduardo Barreto, and Mike Baron.
    Now we just gotta figure out how to get Micronauts reprinted..
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Atari Force comes back?

HELL YEAH!!

I also wish Dynamite would finish reprinting Dreadstar so they'll make it Comixology.

Wow, I didn't even know there had been comics based off Atari properties at all! This is interesting
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

I hope they make a Yar's Revenge comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I hope they make a Yar's Revenge comic.
    Would be interesting.
    The great thing about the Atari games is that they're so open to interpretation.
    That will give creators a lot of freedom.

I'm actually hoping for a Han Solo-esque Solaris.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-06-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Recently I watched a documentary called " Atari : Game Over" , it was about the early days , How they took flight in the Late 70's early 80's. But I'd like to see what Dynamite can do with Atari.

Atari Game covers had awesome art. Like Lee Stone they where all open to interpretation, all you needed to know was the game mechanics. I'd be interested to see what kind imaginative story arcs could come from games like Yars Revenge ,Centipede , and Pitfall
    Last edited by AstroWolfboy; 07-07-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Fantastic Member

I was a fan of the Atari Force comic back in the '80's, though never had that many issues. The art by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez was incredible; also liked the unusual characters. I am really looking to the forthcoming reprints of this classic '80's series - hopefully IDW will give us more info. soon on when these will be coming out - hopefully no later than Summer 2016....