Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Do you think we'll ever see Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew in the MCU?

So, Spider-Woman has been an Avenger for a while now, she joined when the New Avengers were formed and became pretty popular. I'd love to see her adapted into the MCU. Do you think we could see her in future Avengers films?

Spectacular Member

I thought she was on maturity leave atm.

Maybe she'll be free in time for Captain Marvel and Phase 4 though.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    I thought she was on maturity leave atm.

Maybe she'll be free in time for Captain Marvel and Phase 4 though.
    I'm just worried she'll end up like Mockingbird and be shoved into Agents of SHIELD.

I want to see Kate Beckinsale as SW.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I want to see Kate Beckinsale as SW.

Wow. The resemblance is uncanny.

I hope so -- she's been an interesting addition to the team over the years, and I think she's one of the few classic Marvel females they could easily give her own film series.

Niffleheim

MCU? Is she an exception? I thought all Spider-Folks are owned by Sony?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I don't know who owns her, all I know is when reading through all those leaked Sony emails not a single one even suggested Jessica Drew and they threw a lot of names out there. Seems a huge omission if they have her.

I heard Many suggest Marvel Studios has her it's just there was ambiguity who owns the name Spider-Woman. Likely not a problem now though.
    Last edited by LordRyus; 07-06-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hope Jessica doesn't fall into the Spider-Man license as the character has nothing to do with him whatsoever.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Kate Beckinsale as Jessica Drew? That's inspired. Just shut up and do it, Marvel Studios!

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    I don't know who owns her, all I know is when reading through all those leaked Sony emails not a single one even suggested Jessica Drew and they threw a lot of names out there. Seems a huge omission if they have her.

I heard Many suggest Marvel Studios has her it's just there was ambiguity who owns the name Spider-Woman. Likely not a problem now though.
    I agree. I would imagine that Marvel originally sold the rights to Spider-Man and his cast of characters. I wouldn't say Jessica Drew is a part of the Spider-Man franchise. Ultimate Jessica Drew is a different story, and recently 616 Jessica was considered a "spider totem" during Spider-Verse, but traditionally, she hasn't had any history or association with Spider-Man.

Yeah we'll see her eventually..Hydra's there so they don't have to change her story too much
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    She's not owned by Sony. But regardless Marvel has a better working relationship with Sony than they did previously so even if she was, it's not a huge hurdle to jump over.

Amazing Member

I would love to see Jessica Drew in the MCU at some point, she's good friends with her baby's father Carol so maybe she could show up in the Captain Marvel film? I've always enjoyed the Jessica/Carol relationship so that could be a good place to introduce her, perhaps Carol helps her escape from Hydra or something like that.

Have to disagree with Kate Beckinsale though, she does look the part I agree but I honestly don't think too much of her acting. Can't think of anyone better off the top of my head though, well Tatiana Maslany has shown so she can play anything so I guess I can throw her in as a default.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLID MATTIC View Post
    I would love to see Jessica Drew in the MCU at some point, she's good friends with her baby's father Carol so maybe she could show up in the Captain Marvel film? I've always enjoyed the Jessica/Carol relationship so that could be a good place to introduce her, perhaps Carol helps her escape from Hydra or something like that.
    Yes, please. Jess is Carol best friends. Best friends stick together. I'm hoping Marvel use Spider-Woman new costume. It's just so cool.