Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    Yes because when I think Spider-Man I'm thinking Bruce Wayne. This isn't uncharted territories its just blatant character alteration. In truth you would be better off reading Batman or Iron Man and this isn't directed at you this is directed at everyone who wants to read a CEO superhero. Don't like Spider-Man's everyman story why not read Batman or Iron Man instead.
    Because it's a new situation for Peter and, as a reader, I want to see how he deals with it. I imagine it'll have a very different flavor than anything we've seen with Bruce or Tony.

BANNED

Coming from the guy who compares Spider-Man to charlie brown get over yourself. Besides their are other ways to expand the character and CEO isn't one of them.
    CEO is something I see naturally happening rather it's forced or not because Peter is a genius and he knows how to work a crowd if he wanted too plus patent his work and use the investments to get profits and eventually his own fortune, he's just too self deprecating and uncertain of his own talents. As Spider-Man, Peter is what he naturally is on the inside, if thats the case then he should have brought that out.

Seriously Peter invented Reed Richard esqe shit before, and recently free energy. How the hell can you say he can't be a CEO with all the stuff he's done and he's capable of leadership and visionary ambition.

BANNED

Coming from the guy who compares Spider-Man to charlie brown get over yourself. Besides their are other ways to expand the character and CEO isn't one of them.

Their are other ways to and this isn't one of them.
    We know. Only acceptable way is marriage. Anything else is untrue to a super-genius hero who once produced a temporary super-adhesive that would clearly have real-world applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Because it's a new situation for Peter and, as a reader, I want to see how he deals with it. I imagine it'll have a very different flavor than anything we've seen with Bruce or Tony.
    Lets see a wide array of gadgets check, a spider theme mobile check, control over a multimillion dollar corporation check, your right seems more like Bruce Wayne light. Heck Slott seems to referenced Batman elements during Superior.

BANNED

Lets see a wide array of gadgets check, a spider theme mobile check, control over a multimillion dollar corporation check, your right seems more like Bruce Wayne light. Heck Slott seems to referenced Batman elements during Superior.
    Because Spider-Man has never, ever had gadgets beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    We know. Only acceptable way is marriage. Anything else is untrue to a super-genius hero who once produced a temporary super-adhesive that would clearly have real-world applications.
    Did I mention marriage? Hmm no so stop assuming. I was thinking more along the lines of working for a company in tech, work a job in environmentalist organization, or work forensics in police departments. In environmentalist organization he can still travel the globe while using his talents in helping out third world countries and forensics as a nod to his MC2 counterpart while still handling a more down to earth story in New York.

Because Spider-Man has never, ever had gadgets beforehand.
    When I say wide array I mean seems Slott wants to up the ante in Spider-Man going more over the top in using
    hundreds of various tech that would probably be forgotten. All he really needed was his tracers and web shooters.
    Last edited by mysterio1989; 07-07-2015 at 06:41 AM.

BANNED

Did I mention marriage? Hmm no so stop assuming. I was thinking more along the lines of working for a company in tech, work a job in environmentalist organization, or work forensics in police departments. In environmentalist organization he can still travel the globe while using his talents in helping out third world countries and forensics as a nod to his MC2 counterpart while still handling a more down to earth story in New York.
    C'mon. We both know marriage is on that list. Let's not dance around that.

And Peter already worked for a tech company with Horizon Labs. That job eventually led to this position.

C'mon. We both know marriage is on that list. Let's not dance around that.

And Peter already worked for a tech company with Horizon Labs. That job eventually led to this position.
    I'm simply discussing whats relevant on the topic so how about we discuss the topic at hand rather than dredge up old arguments, is that so hard for you or are you simply spoiling for a pointless fight?

You mean the position his former hijacker started and is only taking the role because he's being guilt tripped into because he doesn't want to cost hundreds of employees losing their jobs. Yeah a real step up in achievement (end of sarcasm).

BANNED

When I say wide array I mean seems Slott wants to up the ante in Spider-Man going more over the top in using
    hundreds of various tech that would probably be forgotten. All he really needed was his tracers and web shooters.
    Guy has crazy engineering smarts and he's cool with running around with two gadgets? I'm not saying he has to have them all the time, but there's no reason he can't make what he needs for when he needs. Especially if he has the resources to do it.

Will he go back to using just those two? Sure, maybe. But you can on occasion have some fun with all the cool things he can do with his brain.

BANNED

I'm simply discussing whats relevant on the topic so how about we discuss the topic at hand rather than dredge up old arguments, is that so hard for you or are you simply spoiling for a pointless fight?

You mean the position his former hijacker started and is only taking the role because he's being guilt tripped into because he doesn't want to cost hundreds of employees losing their jobs. Yeah a real step up in achievement (end of sarcasm).
    The position his former hijacker started because of Peter's achievements up until that point. So while Peter may not have planned to create a company so soon, there's absolutely noooooo reason why he couldn't eventually see its potential worth to his heroic pursuits. He just needed some motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    CEO is something I see naturally happening rather it's forced or not because Peter is a genius and he knows how to work a crowd
    There are different kinds of intelligence. Running a business - particularly a multi-national - is a completely different thing than scientific acumen. I have a buddy who is Vice-President of Business Development at a bank. He's told me that, in his experience, doctors are generally the worst businessmen he deals with.

Different set of skills.

Guy has crazy engineering smarts
    Established since the beginning. And a comic book science staple. But it never made sense. He studied biochemistry (if I recall). In any case, he is presented as a scientist, not an engineer. There's a lot of overlap. The Venn diagram would probably mostly overlap. But the parts that didn't are sort of vital.

BANNED

Peter is about being relatable not relaistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lion View Post
    Tell that to the person who erased his two daughters from history.
    Yeah the Married SpiderMan before the post Omd one.....waittttt.

See, Marriage ruins SpiderMan in the narrative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Spider-Man always tries to honor his Uncle Ben's memory by respecting life. But he's like any other guy. Push him beyond his limits, and he will be ready to break his own rules. Many villains hurted Mary Jane back when they were married, but Peter never killed them in revenge; of course, that doesn't mean he went "friendly" with them. Some of them, he hurted them really bad. But anyway, this time, it wasn't just his wife, but her BABY GIRL too!! Threat's a baby's life, HIS BABY, now that's far from what Spider-Man can accept.

We fans' opinion about it is simple: "We are not happy/proud about what Spider-Man did, but we can't blame it either considering he was protecting the life of his baby girl".
    You care about the marriage and Mary Jane a lot more than his morals. In the book itself he is haunted by what he done, and it shows.

This book is secretly a deconstruction of what the other side wants in SpiderMan. A murdering married man who is less than a hero.